Is Rollz still producing?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by RogueStatus, Jun 8, 2015.

1. RogueStatus

RogueStatus New Member

Was listening to a Rollz set on Youtube and had a look @ twitter/fb... doesn't seem to have been updated in a while so anyone know if he is still producing/dj'ing?

Quite like the Rollz tunes...

2. ThirdAffinity

ThirdAffinity New Member

I don't think so man. I sent him a msg on facebook a while back and just said I hope to hear more from him and that he's been a big influence but he didn't say much. Nice guy. I really really liked his old stuff on Formation and his DJ mixes around that time. Taking the melodic/dancefloor stuff along with jump up was awesome.

RogueStatus likes this.
  3. RogueStatus

RogueStatus New Member

Cheers for the reply man, strange because you'd think if someone was still in the game they'd be like "oh yeah got some singles and an album coming" etc... Maybe he is out? Shame if he is.

4. Saftstein

Saftstein Active Member

I loved his 'The Music' EP. He had this signature sidechained nasty bass sound in a lot of his tunes which made them kind of something special. Would be a shame if he doesn't produce any more music...

RogueStatus likes this.
  5. evermind

evermind Broken Symmetry

He did some quite advanced studies, maybe moving to a different line of work. His "plugged in" tune was the first track I ever bought on vinyl.

6. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I've kidnaped him and you cant have him back

Real nice guy. I was about when he was smashing it but I always got an impression it was just abit of fun for him. I do know around when he went quite that a really good job came up for him and maybe he followed that path instead. It must be great producing but lets be honest its no 9 till 5 job, Still the guy did make some great music and I hope to hear more from him one day.