DnB Is Radio 1 the best place to hear new D&B?

Radio 1 doesn't cover all styles of dnb. If you're looking for anything that couldn't be classified as liquid, jump up or neurofunk you'll be better off listening to any other internet radio like Rinse, Kool, Rude FM as well as dnbradio and bassdrive.

But yeah, Friction! :lol_board:

The club is the best place to hear new DnB, the record shop is the next best place to hear new DnB, and while I have a lot of respect for Friction down through the years I doubt even he would say that his radio show is anything more than a very safe and middle of the road affair with the very occasional interesting guest.

He does a great job of repping the stuff that is just a hairs breadth below the waterline of the mainstream, but realistically you are only getting a pretty narrow of what is going on in DnB.

I discover a lot of nice tunes through BenXO's weekly radioshow/podcast:
https://www.mixcloud.com/benxo/

In general, Mixcloud is a great place to discover new music if you find a nice selection of regular "broadcasters" to follow. You probably won't find one podcast/radio show that serves you everything from Sigma to <underground clicky ambient half step artist I haven't heard of>, but you should be able to cover at lot of ground by following a few regular casters.

Definitely Capital or MTV Dance channel if you have a TV.

Sigma & Take That pretty much representing DNB atm

For what I am into I find there is very little I miss out on as long as I check every Loxy mix, every Blocks and Escher mix and every dBridge mix and as long as I listen to Double O and Mantra on Jungletrain.net every second sunday, listen to Equinox every other Sunday, and listen to Code doing the Subtle Audio show too.

Apart from that the best place to hear new DnB that isn't a club full of people is probably the clips on Redeye tbh.

Back
Top Bottom