Is my new album good enough for a label?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by foeddd, Feb 3, 2013.

1. foeddd

foeddd Member

This is my recently uploaded album. is it good enough to be called professional?

2. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

the mixes sound clean enough to be professional, but thats besides the point because almost 90% of artists after a year of producing can produce mixes of enough quality to play live, being on a label is a different thing in itself, i have a song on a label but i wouldnt call myself professional haha - getting on a label is more about how u market yourself and how catchy your tunes are as opposed to how professional your mixdowns are if that helps

3. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

aside from that, - i could definitely imagine hearing that rainbow road tune on the radio :)

4. foeddd

foeddd Member

Thank you man thats a huge compliment for me :)

5. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

i'm unsure. from my point of view you sound a lot like, well, every liquid dnb artist. and that's what would put me off...

but what you can do is start sending your music off to places. writing tunes is only 50% of the work. start getting in touch with label owners, distributors, radio dj's, club dj's, introduce yourself, say what you want to achieve, seem keen, and who knows where it will lead. there is almost no reason not to push and promote yourself.

and be quite picky. there's too many crap digital labels about who will fill your head with promises of royalties and do very little to promote or develop you. i usually judge a label based on whether i like the material they put out, the respectable artists on there, and what more can be achieved through signing with them...

6. Mr_DnB

Mr_DnB Member

Hey,

as mentioned finding a label depends not only of the quality of the track.

Your tracks sound very clean and nice for me. Maybe a bit too standard though.