Is it worth starting an internet station

I think Internet radio stations are really cool, and to be honest I don't think that there ever will be too many, the more ways that people can access Drum n Bass the better imo, personally I love playin' on the Internet and I started out on ukrumble in about 2000 and I have a weekly show on Nakedbeatz (see the banner below) and I can say I thoroughly enjoy it.
I think it's good to be part of something and I always look forward to getting new tunes to play on there.
The standard of radio shows that are around at the moment (by forum members in particular) are awesome, Riisu + Fazer's show, Heist's show, S.L.B. are all well worth checking to name a couple and I try to check out as many as I can.
I know that puttin' a station together is hard work and you will always get out what you put in.
That's what I think anyway.

I would be quite interested in starting up an internet radio station...

Obviously I have no idea about where/how to do so... so can anyone give any advice?

yeah go for it! it doesn't matter if there are loads about, just make sure you bring something new/different to the scene

if i was going to start a radio station on the net i would make sure it was very proffessional (smart website, big variety in drum and bass/music etc)

to be honest with you running a station is hard work. Its not just the fact that you need a stream. You need a team that are willing to put in the same amount of work you are and willing to work with you.

Alot of dj's have there own agenda's and that makes it difficult as for the team players.

also the constant updating, also making sure that the station is out there with out this keyword "spamming" people and annoying people but letting them know what's going on....

I have been doing this "broadcasting" thing since i was 16 and i am now 33 and i can say i've climbed up on roof's when i was younger 17 stories high stoned/half cut grabing onto lightening conductors/ holding onto scaffold poles pissing down/windy and glad that internet radio station come along.

I got introduced to UKRUMBLE when it 1st started out in 1998 stayed loyal to them from the beggining till the end and was disappointed it stopped in 2007.

So i started nakedbeatz radio and i have done everything possible with my lady to push and promote the station and get it out there. we are part of about 10 communities and we have a facebook group dedicated to the station with dj's profiles.

Nakedbeatz started back in feb 2008 and we play drum n bass / dubstep / old skool / jungle and open to differnet styles of music and also looking for new dj's

> I enjoy working with ALL the dj's on nakedbeatz radio and they make nakedbeatz radio what it is.

if you wanna chat radio with me any time nakedbeatz.music@gmail.com

peace

Last edited:
to be honest with you running a station is hard work. Its not just the fact that you need a stream. You need a team that are willing to put in the same amount of work you are and willing to work with you.

Alot of dj's have there own agenda's and that makes it difficult as for the team players.

also the constant updating, also making sure that the station is out there with out this keyword "spamming" people and annoying people but letting them know what's going on....

I have been doing this "broadcasting" thing since i was 16 and i am now 33 and i can say i've climbed up on roof's when i was younger 17 stories high stoned/half cut grabing onto lightening conductors/ holding onto scaffold poles pissing down/windy and glad that internet radio station come along.

I got introduced to UKRUMBLE when it 1st started out in 1998 stayed loyal to them from the beggining till the end and was disappointed it stopped in 2007.

So i started nakedbeatz radio and i have done everything possible with my lady to push and promote the station and get it out there. we are part of about 10 communities and we have a facebook group dedicated to the station with dj's profiles.

Nakedbeatz started back in feb 2008 and we play drum n bass / dubstep / old skool / jungle and open to differnet styles of music and also looking for new dj's

> I enjoy working with ALL the dj's on nakedbeatz radio and they make nakedbeatz radio what it is.

if you wanna chat radio with me any time nakedbeatz.music@gmail.com

peace

thanks for taking the time to respond mate.

from what you have said, am I right in thinking that starting an internet radio broadcast out of my bedroom is out of the question?

i'd really just want to play and put the mixes out there, and don't care too much about hits on the website etc. though obviously I can imagine being more drawn into that side as i become more involved and infatuated with it.

prob that you gotta run it like a pro radio station, ie from a studio to make sure the output of the audio is of the same quality ..ie use a nice mic, processors etc

Advertising is key too I reckon..thing is its a lotta lotta work on your own.

thanks for taking the time to respond mate.

from what you have said, am I right in thinking that starting an internet radio broadcast out of my bedroom is out of the question?

i'd really just want to play and put the mixes out there, and don't care too much about hits on the website etc. though obviously I can imagine being more drawn into that side as i become more involved and infatuated with it.

hi dquinn09,

i'm not saying that you shouldn't do a home broadcast at all my radio station is a home broadcast station. If you can not do your show on the nakedbeatz radio station [being a nakedbeatz radio dj] for a reason that you are ill or have other arrangements i encourage that you play a archive [maybe a show from the week b4 or a set you like]

what i am getting at is that some stations do not put time and effort into "a station" and some other do. And i was giving a personal bit of waffle about myself.

Back
Top Bottom