is it ok to...

law_88

use vinyl with pops/crackles in them when playing out?

Some of my older tunes which i've had to pick up second hand have some pretty big pops and crackles in them, mostly noticeable during the breakdowns when the tune goes quite for a bit. At this moment in time I refuse to go digital so the only way I can play these tunes is on vinyl, and its a shame as most of them are classics I managed to pick up off mates and am proud to have in my collection.

Would this piss you off in a club situation or would it not bother you?

I got a randall set where a few tunes are cracklin but i still listen to it, depends how bad they sound in the mix, if they sound alrite on your home set up, they sound proper shoddy on a big PA innit

It is entirely up to you!

I have in the past and I will in the future. There is nothing wrong with pop and crackle. It adds character.

cheers for the feedback guys, i agree with the bit about it adding character. I hate the way digital sound is so perfect it makes it seem less real in my eyes. most of them arn't too horrible really so i guess it should be ok, might try a couple with the smaller ones first and try and gauge the crowds reaction really to see if theyre cool with it and then just go with the flow

Fr me , it depends on the tune

my copy of Alix Perez - Solitary Native got beer split on it and it crackles at the start but as it's a deep liquid tune, it just makes it sound more atmospheric, maybe on a clean tekky tune it won' sound as good

Also it proves to your audience your using vinyl, and in my opinion sounds better than a crystal clean wav file.

Back
Top Bottom