Is it me or.....

BoudiCat

SERIAY.
VIP Junglist
....Does everyone who vaguely knows what they're talking about when it comes to D&B not like Pendulum anymore?

Their song "Granite" was absolute dog shit, it sounded fucking awful!

Not that I didn't love "Hold Your Colour" wicked album, but they haven't progressed at all from there & we all know they're not on BBK anymore (fools!)

Vault, which was an earlier tune from them was hectic!

Sooooo, my question is, does anyone like Pendulum now? (Other than Emo's)

Some of their tunes that arent on the album are still pretty good, Toxic shock and bloodsugar are not bad tunes, not my type of dnb tho really, i prefer industrial darker shit.

I know what you mean though, for no real reason there is a stigma attached to pendulum, people are like 'pendulum? Swag...'. I dont get why, its just people who think they know a lot about music being snobby, and refusing to accept the fact that a drum and bass act made it mainstream.

If you listen to a lot of the big producers they will tell pendulum are heavy, cus' production wise they are fucking sick.

Axle Grinder was the last nice one(4me). Granite is not soo good, but you should wait to the next album with comments like this.

Hope there will be some new tunes like through the loop...:2thumbs:

Axle Grinder was the last nice one(4me). Granite is not soo good, but you should wait to the next album with comments like this.

Hope there will be some new tunes like through the loop...:2thumbs:

Don't get me wrong, I'll give the new album a listen when it comes out. I just thought they hadn't progressed much since Hold Your Colour.

Spiral was another good one that didn't make the album

trail of sevens still smashes it.

i'm hit and miss with pendulum, take it or leave it really. the original blood sugar was decent, but the 2007 didn't really need to be done. i think they're more of a dance act now than anything, trying to push the live peforming side of things. and fair play to them really.
last time i saw one of them dj, it was absolutly shocking. played all their own songs and about 4/5 from other artisits. bored the shit out of and nearly ruined the night.

Granite's alrite, when you concider in work they have radio 1 on all fucking day, so the few times Jo Whiley played Granite, I was quite glad, because Granite > Amy Skaghouse

I saw Pendulum Dj set this weekend at the Valve Sound System. It was okay, everyone else seemed to enjoy it, but after a while it sounded like he only had 2 tunes on him and was switching between the two for the last 30 minutes of the set. Just kept hearing that same pendulum like bassline they have in most of their tracks. When I go to see DJ's I want a variety of tracks...

I have nothing against pendulum, they've brought out some great tracks, and they're kinda half the reason I properly got into DnB. I'm just not feeling they're new stuff, and I wish them all the luck in going mainstream.

EDIT: Pendulum DJ looks like a proper Aussie Surfer Dude!

Yeah, not feeling the new Pendulum tunes as much as some of the old ones. I'll still give their new album a listen when it comes out. But even if they've "fell off" it's not the end of the world because there's still a lot of sick dnb producers out there.

Regarding that new tune "Propane," I don't particularly care for the vocals, but I like the breakdown - some fat bass and sleazy synth.

i think anythin theyve made recently (since leaving BBK) has been shocking and anythin they do from now on will probably be slated by most dnb fans

i own a few of thier tunes from hold your colour on vinyl and do still use them a fair amount (slams good to bring in a very wobbly tune when it says "is this bass really strong enough) and most tunes off that album are guaranteed a reaction from the dancefloor

i dont think it will be possible to delete pendulum from dnb history (vault is a classic imo) but i do find it easier to just act as if they died last year and ignore thier exsintance from now on!

the more ppl go on about this the more publicity they are getting, as oscar wilde once said " the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about"

Im waiting to hear the album until my verdict comes out. Propane (Clipz Remix) is a good tune. Im sureactually i know there are other procucers that release tracks that few people like but they are over looked and no one slates them, every new pendulum track will get heard by everyone, as they are so well known now, so obviously some poeple won't like it, as no tune is liked by everyone. I think everyone is being far to harsh to be honest and just following the majority. Just my opinion. Also Hold your Colour was amazing and they wont ever loose credit for that in my eyes. Also your forgetting Pendulum are an 8 person group now as back then it was 3. Im sure the new members influences have changed there sound.

I saw Pendulum Dj set this weekend at the Valve Sound System. It was okay, everyone else seemed to enjoy it, but after a while it sounded like he only had 2 tunes on him and was switching between the two for the last 30 minutes of the set. Just kept hearing that same pendulum like bassline they have in most of their tracks. When I go to see DJ's I want a variety of tracks...

I have nothing against pendulum, they've brought out some great tracks, and they're kinda half the reason I properly got into DnB. I'm just not feeling they're new stuff, and I wish them all the luck in going mainstream.

EDIT: Pendulum DJ looks like a proper Aussie Surfer Dude!

i saw them nearly 2 months ago and thought exactly the same thing

Back
Top Bottom