Is it me or is FL quiet?

Artificial2

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but compared to Reason for example FL's output seems to be very quiet. I've tried making it louder but the sound just clips to buggery. When the levels are at or just below 0db I still have to turn my speakers up, especially when I've been listening to someone else's tune beforehand.

I do prefer it to Reason though (which I used for a short time) because you can't even render an MP3 with that. I like the way it operates and it's a lot nicer to look at aswell.

Is it possible to increase the volume of my MP3s in FL without using another program?

Cheers.

it is definately quieter for moniters av got an old car sub attached to some surround sound speakers so the power is there but its diabolical for mixdowns as u wud imagine

but its not really a good question you see, its like saying one electric guitar is quieter than another

so how do you go about getting it up a normal cd level volume in fl after youve finished the song?

is it full band limiting or not

I am whacking my head on a wall right now. You're producing and don't know how to boost volume?

i dont know if artificial means the same as me but am not talking bout boosting volume. in fl wen uve finished wiv a track then you render it it is quieter than in cubase even if all the levels are max'd out. now what av bin doing is bangin it in soundforge then full band limiting. now am sorry if i dont know everything bout producing. could you gimme the answer as opposed to whacking your hyper intelligent head agianst a wall, you might damage summat

i get my sounds loud by gaining them and eqing them, i never touch the master.
and then i record the mix through my tube amp and desk.
i get the loudness ok, my tunes nothing amazing but the loudness is not an issue.

dont worry about loudness, in case its needed for release on a label or something the engineer will take care of that at the pressing plant, or so i hear.

i get my sounds loud by gaining them and eqing them, i never touch the master.
and then i record the mix through my tube amp and desk.
i get the loudness ok, my tunes nothing amazing but the loudness is not an issue.

dont worry about loudness, in case its needed for release on a label or something the engineer will take care of that at the pressing plant, or so i hear.

yeah blatently a sound engineer would eventually master it but this is the thing am most likely never guna need that. what i want is all my tunes to be of the same level so i can mix em straight onto a cd deck.

see say i wanna do a set on cdjs wiv tunes that av made there all of different levels then if you wanna drop in a track that youve bought its way louder.

what i require is some way in fruity if possible of rendering each track at the same level.

Thanks for the input logikz mate

yeah Fratanize got me into this n it does work to a certain extent.

obviously listening to your comment bout sound engineers this level is all thats needed until say it does need releasing.

thanks mate

oh yeah and sos for hijacking the thread artificial...........sorry dude

:lol: No probs mate. I'm obviously not the only one who's noticed this. I admit it doesn't matter a great deal but surely it's something that could be sorted out by the developers very easily.

Cheers guys.

Is this question a wind-up?

If your tune's db peak levels are low, loud the fucker into FL as a sample and boost the volume as you would boost any instrument/voice/sample. Then mix down and export.

That's not the optimum way to do it but its a simple one.

Sorted?

think the point is artificial it dunt need to be. assign soft clipper to the master then to everything in the mixer. go on a soft clipper rampage then you'll be able to boost the track to kingdom come. any more volume aint needed like logikz said earlier in the thread. then if your still not happy wang it in soundforge and apply full band limiter. its easy peasy lemon squeezy dont know why i was bitchin bout it in the first place really.

i think we are all getting confused here

there are two disscussions going on..... some of you are talking about boosting volume and some of you are talking about boosting loudness

i think we are all getting confused here

there are two disscussions going on..... some of you are talking about boosting volume and some of you are talking about boosting loudness

yeah sort of but in arts last post i figured he did mean what i was talking bout......look av confused maself now n to be fair i dont even know if am right or not.

i dont know wots goin on

Not really. FL's monitor out is somehow louder than the wav rendering. It's strange and it has been gone over at DOA also but that never got anywhere. That's why I like to record via outboard and back into the pc another route, like the king shizzle Logikz here does. I rarely render anything to wav. Maybe a quick mp3 for preview but I usually normalize that to peak at 0 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom