Is it me or has the new year started of slow for DnB?

Reapa

VIP Junglist
Just a general discussion. I havent bought any vinyl recently coz i havent needed too but wanted to buy some now and checking through Redeye i couldnt find hardly anything I was feeling. Is it just me? and should i be looking out for any unknown artists? Discuss......

Reapa said:
Just a general discussion. I havent bought any vinyl recently coz i havent needed too but wanted to buy some now and checking through Redeye i couldnt find hardly anything I was feeling. Is it just me? and should i be looking out for any unknown artists? Discuss......
The second half of last year was slow for me to be honest, and it's continued into '06.

Fortunately Redeye are now stocking 'Dubstep' and I'm buying those, with the occasional DnB release.

Dustek said:
Nothing interesting on the horizon as well.
I dunno, depends what you are after really, Chase n Status are ripping it and their new EP forthcoming on Bingo Beats is sick!!!
Also, Nero are massive as well. There are some good jump-up and tech step tunes coming out(Greenpiece Recs!!:teeth:) just not mush for you dark headz:resick: (Spor?, SPL?, Limewax?Arsenic? etc? REAPA RECORDS!!!! :teeth:)
BUT............
it is well slow lately, but at least there is not a mass of shit out like mid last year!!!!

It's been crap for about 3 years now.
Once in a while there'll be a few weeks in a row when I buy stuff, thinking it's all on the up again, but straight away it just dies back down.

I thought this year and last year was quite good for Liquid release's. Some of the stuff out was like liquid with a harder edge.

Stuff on the Underconstruction label due out at the end of this month is good. Chris Paul ft Mia V - All Alone (tune)

Names like Kaleb, Champagne, Contour, Physics & Kabuki had some nice releases too. And of course the awesome St.Cal - Losing Ground was released last year.

I think there are some good releases in the pipe line for this year too. We'll just have wait and see!!

January's always crap for new releases. Everyone's recovering from the holidays, and they know most of their customers'll be broke.

You've got to give things a few months to get going again.

Dnb has been in a slump since around april last year, and dropped really slow around november. Although this really should have been expected, 2003/2004 were fantastic years for releases, and this slump is just the wind-down from that peak in dnb.
I think things will continue slow until about may/june time, when all the summer fun kicks off, and there it will begin to pick back up all the way into 2007.
2007 will be a cracking year for releases and for dnb in general. Many of the big newcomers from last year and this year (Chase & Status, Phace, Nero, Young Ax, Limewax, blah blah) will start to hold their own with the big boys, and their music and other enterprises within dnb will mature, meaning lots of cracking releases. Also 2007 will be a good year for unsigned talent (few of which will be from this board I'm sure ;) ), which will mean more good stuff being put out (y)

Don't be too put off or suprised about this current slump, stuff usually goes around in cycles.
How many times have people said that dnb is dead, until it rises again bigger and badder than ever :cool:

I gotta play a set at the end of this month (feb), anyone reccomend any decent jump-up tunes??? Had a bit of a browse but nothing really stands out

DjEffect said:
I gotta play a set at the end of this month (feb), anyone reccomend any decent jump-up tunes??? Had a bit of a browse but nothing really stands out

sparfunk - dimension x?

Probably making an arse out of myself.

Back
Top Bottom