Is it legal to...

prettyherb

O I
VIP Junglist
...use an acapella sample from for example a pop song from shakira or something in your dnb, and put it on the internet, for example on soundcloud. But you don't want to make money with it.

That's my question... So it it legal or not :p?

grtz

Try to use just few second ( something under 5sec if i remember right)
and manipulate IT . In that way IT s quite legal :)

That thing with the 5 seconds is not always true. My recommendation is to use your own sounds. Find someone to record with, do a collab with someone. Also, you'll learn much more about producing that way and progress faster. It's more fun to do too. And if you would end up with a banger there's no problem when someone wants to release it. :D

The hardest part is finding someone. You could even search someone on soundcloud that you like and message him/her that you like it and want to do collab? Apart from finding someone, there's only benefits.

It doesn't matter if you make money or not. If it's copyrighted then you have no rights to use it in derived works. So yes, it is illegal. However, how illegal it is is a matter of debate, and differs from country to country. Also, no one gives a shit.

not at all.. however if you sell or distribute copies without consulting who owns the rights to that vocal for their consent then yes it is illegal..

But please no Shakira D&B lol

No it is not illegal providing your making no money from it, if you make money from it and havnt cleared the sample then it is very illegal but then, whats the chances of shakira or one her team hearing your tune? unless make it big time of course.

Kinda the idea of whitelabel i think < but dont qoute me on that.

i friend told me how James Brown, before he died had a team of people who were paid to search around and find artists whod sampled him....sounds fun! :)

mi english is rusty sorry, italy here ..anyway shakira , i dream to manipulate her ....IT!!!! i used some samples from spears too ....with alot of fx can be a rabid bunny but yeah at the end that sucks for dnb..and sahkira too probably

not at all.. however if you sell or distribute copies without consulting who owns the rights to that vocal for their consent then yes it is illegal..

But please no Shakira D&B lol

Pretty sure that sampling even for the lolz doesnt come under the 'fair use' exemption?

What I'd like to know is how cumz people have got away with the break that has JB 'coughing' in it? He must have been well spun out the first time someone showed him!

the <5 second rule (i think it was actually 1 second) doesn't count anymore - they revised the laws when they introduced all this CC licensing etc.

truth is, unless you are trying to resell it, no one cares.

the honest truth is, if your parents have got a majority say in what content is in your jungle, you probably should just give up now.

Back
Top Bottom