is it just me...

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
... or are there no jump up vinyl released over the last month or so that tickle my fancy? I know there are some bad ass releases coming like turbo stoned, easy now and the such but i need to get my fix!

is jump up another term for newskool drum n bass??

no, not really (although a lot of the 'new school' is jump up, not all jump up is 'new school')... i mean, jump up in the jungle days quite literally meant tunes that make you jump up!

what i mean by it is them tunes that make your face melt...

again, yes and no... jump up is it's own genre now and the tech boys would get mighty mad to be lumped with the term 'jump up', but thats not to say you can't have a 'jumpy' dark/tech tune...

i am not feelin that taxman EP at all...all this half step stuff is wreckin me head...not my bag...but i do agree ritchie, like the whole levela album only on digital...furure for vinyl is looking bleeker by the day.

i am not feelin that taxman EP at all...all this half step stuff is wreckin me head...not my bag...but i do agree ritchie, like the whole levela album only on digital...furure for vinyl is looking bleeker by the day.

has this been release yet?

I ain't really been buying as much as i used to. the only 12" to have come out recently that i got quite hyped about was sensai - nexus/heart of dawn.
Was also quite dissapointed with taxman's EP, and the fact that easy records has gone digital is shit aswell.

jump up tunes can then even mean darkside tech drum n bass.

Blasphemous!!!

Just kidding,

For true, it's anything that makes people wanna jump up and go mad on the dance floor!

Thing I like about jump up is that it does exactly what it says on the tin! I might sit here at work, listen to an audio link or youtube video and think "bollocks!"

But I can guarantee you, when that same tune drops on the dance floor, I'll be skanking like everybody else!

:rslayer:

agreeed, havnt bought any jump up in a while, so bought some netsky tunes and mickey finn- badass and klute( or someone )morning light yesterday for my fix

yer only good jump up thats been out recently is the sensai stuff but i think im going completly off it anywayz all bout serum and top cat with this nu skool jungle shizzle and also a bit of filthy tech!! that new audio tune sectar 9 is bangng!! uurgggghhhhh!

yer only good jump up thats been out recently is the sensai stuff but i think im going completly off it anywayz all bout serum and top cat with this nu skool jungle shizzle and also a bit of filthy tech!! that new audio tune sectar 9 is bangng!! uurgggghhhhh!

i too have been enjoying the new skool jungle... not a fan of a lot of new producers, ie sensai and tron and all that shit, although D'kill smashed 2009 for me!

Isn't it always a bit barren during the first few months of the year

Probably still digesting their christmas dinner/working on their new years resolutions

Back
Top Bottom