Is it just in Oxford?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Inwonderland, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inwonderland

Inwonderland Jungle Jamboree

Safe lads, hows tricks? Haven't been on here for a while but I was just looking for this saturdays full line up at covenII and came across an oxford university nightlife/gossip forum for students. I was filled with rage and the need to slap people:

Alternative? What, like GOTHS??????

They even let you feed them titbits sometimes :scally:

You need you a fly man? how very ghetto...oh, but you don't like the jewellery

AAAAAAAAGH! then they just went on an the conversation got more and more twattish.

Is it just in oxford that all the students are pricks? Because its one of the best unis and they're all FAR too posh and over-confident for their own good. The freshers are the worst, especially now that they're my age. They run around thinking they own the place and feeling like they're really hardcore and street if they go somewhere like the Cellar and discover that Oxford isn't all just colleges and cobblestones. Which is true but its still an extremely safe, nicey-nice place to live. e.g. Oxford "rudeboys" are gentlemen compared to those found in, for example, brixton.

Does anyone else have this problem in their town? A uni that only attracts pricks?

:ban: :nono: :missile: :-x :rambo: :antitank:

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

you're looking for jungle rudeboys in a university town. THE university town?

I suggest you become an arts student and throw large drug parties:1: :miss_rep: :teeth:

3. Inwonderland

Nonono, thats not my point, i'm not LOOKING for rudeboys, I'm saying that there aren't really any. So why are the students making such a fuss? About all the pikies etc?
    Anyway, don't be stupid, Oxford is my home town. I have my friends here. I'm not looking for anyone. I'm just cross. With the students.

4. mesh

mesh Active Member

drum'n'bass has always had strong working class roots, but students who have just been bought a car by mummy and daddy have been sheltered from such types their whole life and usually freak out a bit when faced with the world of reality. They probably won't change.

5. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Bad boys ina Oxford, rude bowys in the uni... :teeth: Students are always pricks, its natural at the age. I was one (and still probably am).

6. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Sad state of affairs :(

Funnily enough last D&B night I went to, I was the only person wearing what these pricks would probably call "chav" (stripy polo shirt, jeans & trainers)!

7. Inwonderland

HA! :uberlaugh

8. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

firstly you just as bad as they are grouping people, i graduated this year and not all students are like them! so please do not put them all under one unbrella?
    i went to uni in west (very far west) london, our uni was known for the bangra/garage and hiphop nights (the night got shut down for a lil while coz around 40 police officers hod to come stop trouble haaaaaaaa). dnb was fairly non existent but the ones that did like it were not so ummm naive? i suppose. sounds like you out number them anyway.
    oh btw they dont mean fucking goths by alternative! grrrr im def a hater this mon morn! you wanna have an argument with a student pick me whoooooooooooop :gslayer:

9. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Say what?

10. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

The whole 'chav' labelling thing is so tedious...

Who cares what anyone's wearing as long as people go to enjoy the music?...:shrug:

11. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Clothes I don't mind. Pikey attitude is a different matter. They most often combine.

My favourite club has been ruined within 3 months. Used to be full of dnb ravers. Now its full of bastards looking for a fight.

12. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

:word:
    yes you are right but its generally up to the club to sort that. get the bad people out and banned and then kept out. otherwise the good guys go somewhere else.

The so called 'chavs' are frequent to breakneck and alot of my friends are 'alternative'. i'm yet to see a fight among fellows breakneckers (touch wood) or maybe im just having too much fun/too drunk to care/notice

13. mesh

mesh Active Member

fucking oath, I dont wear polos, but yeah I agree. This 'chav' labelling thing is fucking up any possible goodwill as much as any fight does. Fights used to happen every night at the Drum Club, was still a wicked club for years. There's always been punch ups at raves, its down to security. Also I think the scene goes thru stages of atrracting wannabes for some reason.

And Dustek, man the fights and cunt attitude I've seen here from well dressed-coked-steroid-hairgel-fuckwits is easily as noticeable as that from people who wear sports gear.

edit - people seem to like the dangerous, rude aspect of dnb (sonically, fashion-wise and socially), its clearly part of the aesthetic. but they don't want anything that actually is dangerous. I'm not saying people need to put up with being put in danger, but it always strikes me, this.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  14. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Most of the steroid coke gits would be wearing sports gear and on speed if they couldn't afford the more expensive variant IMO.

I once caused a fight on the dancefloor as a dj. I was playing dnb and at 2am switched to Snoop Dogg as the kids were getting tired. Six geezers immediately took their shirts off and started laying into each other. End of party which had the most amazing positive vibe for hours.

You're right about the dangerous aspect. Songs like Na Blood will definitely bring a different mood to the clubs (I can see gits laying into each other after a rewind)(I like the tune BTW). Jungle's hayday in London had plenty of shady people coming to raves.

That said, if there are not too many pikeys and coke thugs at a rave than they generally behave, the positive attitude keeps them calm.

15. Gumby

Gumby New Member

word.

however, the only thing i cant stand are the clueless girls who go to dnb gigs with their boyfriends. or go out just 'to be seen'. get all dolled up and wear mini skirts and high heels to a dnb gig and then get mad when their hair gets messy and their toes get stomped on by sweaty dancing junglists. :cry:

the only reason i go anywhere is for the music. and if your planning on dancing girls, dont wear open toed shoes.

simple. :spliff:

16. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

thing is no matter what type of music you are in to or club you go to, you can't stop the people who wanting a fight to not fight.......one of my uni mates is very much in to pop music, think boyzone, westlife, busted etc. she would tell us extreme stories of girls fighting to get to the popstars and screaming, cat fights! imagine a mob of girls that all believe they should be married to the popstars......o_O :cry:

17. Gumby

Gumby New Member

haha seeing girls fighting is the funniest thing. no one tries to break them up cos theyre so amusing to watch. ive seen long nails in eyes, pulling hair, scratching etc etc :lol:

fighting is so pointless. :twothumbsdown:

18. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

There are clubs and types of music that are more likely to inspire a fight. I've never seen a fight in my local gay house club :)grouphug: :hold_hand ) but have seen one almost every night in the hip hop joint nearby :)drunk: :fag: ). The only fight I've seen at a dnb rave during the last year was the one I caused :teeth:

Good clubs keep the fighters and the fighting vibe out. Good bouncers will immediately pick up the fight vibe and chuck anybody making trouble out.

Many clubbs have been ruined when they lose control of the violence.

19. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

This is so true...

Also very true of the London (and others I'd imagine) Squat party scene, altho then there can be some real danger in amongst all the madness.

And talking of girls fighting...Some people pay good money for that sort of 'material' (sorry).

I once saw 2 women in Oxford Street, high on shopping, get into a full on, hair ripping session over who had hailed a black cab. Head's were slammed on the roof and everything, nasty...

&

talking of bouncers keeping trouble out, the only trouble we ever had at was due to 1 of the bouncers 'allegedly' kicking off at the end of nearly every night, as too many people on here have witnessed. Luckily he's banned from working our nights anymore.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  20. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

yes i totally agree with that....as i said in an above post.

fights happen everywhere though....you say you havent seen a fight in you local gay house club how would you know unless you go to this gay house club:teeth: (i presume you mean gay house club as in house music not ones with men seeking men)

should we start promoting peace at club nights? :teeth:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.