I find it easier and more enjoyable to mix 97-03 tracks, as they actually have a 60-90 second intro unlike new tunes...

I find it easier and more enjoyable to mix 97-03 tracks, as they actually have a 60-90 second intro unlike new tunes...

Well, easier it is, but I think the real dj quality will come out when you try to compare the beats of two tracks. So more funny can be when you have beats in the track from the beginning of the track and not a longer intro. It is just that when I tried to mix a neurofunk, the comparison of the bass on different tracks was easy for me in contrast to the comparison track of liquid drum and bass.

Sure, when I tried to mix the neurofunk, it was easy to mix for me for the first time without really knowing all the melodies in the individual songs. I mixed the set well for the first time without first testing how the tracks will be aligned in entirety of the set. And for the second set, it was the same. That's why I have a question here. When I mixing liquid drum and bass tracks, I have to try it a lot more, it's more of a coincidence when it all works for the first time :)

There is no real answer to this man, all depends on the track

Some neuro funk is easy to mix, but then you get tracks with Beatless intros that give you no chance to beatmatch it before it drops and have to know the track inside out

Also when I do sets I would never stick to one sub genre, i like switching it up to keep people interested in the set

There is no real answer to this man, all depends on the track

Some neuro funk is easy to mix, but then you get tracks with Beatless intros that give you no chance to beatmatch it before it drops and have to know the track inside out

Also when I do sets I would never stick to one sub genre, i like switching it up to keep people interested in the set

I try to mix different sets, but I do not have a lot of love for neurofunk, jump up, I like liquid drum and bass. In the neurofunk, sometimes even the entire tracks can be mixed from beginning to end...

:readthis:

tumblr_ncqns3qRCD1tf48o1o8_500.gif

Wanna toke brutha, help you up abit :tehpepsi:

its easier to mix tracks that you really like, regardless of what sub genre. if you're really into the track you should know it back to front. that will make it easier to mix.
but where is the fun in that? i personally like to test myself and make it a challenge, so i only mix tracks i really hate and cant stand to listen to. have u tried mixing without listening? oh boy, lemme tell ya, thats a champ djs game. not for noobs, oh no.

Neuro is surely the easiest, most drops are in a similar key and nowadays there's a very uniform track structure. Liquid I'd say is much harder, far wider array of keys that tracks are in

Once youve learnt to beat-match its easy to mix any genre.. You start to learn about tempos
I personally find Jumpup really easy to mix as most of it works together & often at the same speeds
Proper jungle is the hardest to mix, I respect anyone who can real mix amens, cause its fucks my head up

Back
Top Bottom