Is it disappointing ? switching from vinyl to cdj ?

Vision, but it's a load of numbers. So it's a numerical representation. The grooves on a vinyl give you an actual discernable representation of where you are. No?

i agree actually... i was just making light of the fact you use vision to see numbers!

same goes for car speedos, you cant glance at numbers and take them in, but a needle gives you a visual representation... but then this is getting in semantics!

Your-logic-is-undeniable.jpg

Surly the best alternative is Traktor Scratch? (or serato)

I use traktor scratch duo with my technics 1210's (although the technics are stupidly big as I only use them as big controllers to drop in the tune) so I've got the joy of using 'vinyl' but I save lots of dough as its only £150 for traktor.

what the hell are you talking about?? are you serious? have you been to a club before?

this^^

cd's are anything but dead!

and as of the cuing situation, i just write the time on the cd for 32 bars ect.
makes it pretty quick

i like mixing off cdjs, prefer vinyl of course, but when ur making ur own tunes u gotta get atleast one cdj,
im going down the finance route though, dnt wana be payin shit loads tho so going for a pioneer cdj 350, any1 had any experience with one?

I like the idea of having different cue points, whether il actually go as far as making any i highly doubt!

I just moved from cds to 2 technics 1 cd and I'm not at all dissapointed. It's kinda like going back to square one, but I was getting a bit bored recently anyways.

technics are probably easier to understand than cdjs, 1000s have so many unnecessary options, didn't have a clue about autocues, or resetting the pitch or any of that malarkey. what is the need!

i definitely agree that the pitch slider on technics feels so muxh nicer, on cdjs you can easily move the slider a lot by accident because its so loose, this annoys the hell out of me, especially when i'm a bit pissed
as for whoever likes the visual of where in a tune you are on a vinyl, on some cdjs like the pioneer 1000s you get a view of the waveform on the display which is really useful, and obv in serato you get this as well

Got the Numark HDXs. I plan on getting new Decks soon. I prefer the Direct Drive and feeling of 'grabbing' the track when I put my hand on the platter. Watching a Light go around in a circle like some CD decks feels weird to me. I don't really want to lug around a laptop with my decks either, but I think most people are going down that route. The major pain for me is the music management. I'm had to create scripts to get my HDXs to sync with my iTunes playlists. Once I have my music in order, I do feel like I'm spending more time watching the crowd and having fun vs. staring at a laptop or thumbing through crates. My next purchase won't be Numark, but I'll still step up to something that will play my digital stuff, but have a direct drive. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

i dont even find CDJ's easier
but i have 2 technics and one cdj, so never really mixed on JUST CDJ's
but i got into the horrible habit of mixing 1 vinyl, 1 digi, 1 vinyl, 1 digi etc etc
but few months ago switched back to just vinyl, and its sooooooooo much more satisfying!!!

dont do it!!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom