Is Hospital back on track?

altoke

We all now that it's not the same Hospital anymore but after the big pile of cheese they put out before 2014 I think they had a good year. Spy, nu:tone, lynx and medschool releases were my personal favs.

Do you think Hospital is back on track after 2014?

Share your thoughts

I liked the Camo & Krooked and Netsky albums a lot but it does seem that they're signing and releasing more stuff that resembles that of their older releases, with that kinda jazzy or liquid sound to it, with some darker tunes on the compilations. Definitely got faith in everyone on that label to make great stuff.

They seem to be doing really well, imo. Some of their signings are putting out high standard music. Signing SPY had to be their best move in years. He's versatile, talented & really deserving of a good spot. The stuff on MedSchool is always of good quality, props to the team behind that.

Didn't like the Camo&Krooked, FredV&Grafix & Metrik period, in my opinion their music belonged to different labels. All great producers, nonetheless.

2014 has got to have been their best year in a while. I found the majority of LPs to be excellent with only the Metrik LP falling a bit flat for me. The Med School half were absolute fire so I can't wait for what's on offer this year.

And I have to say that I'm glad Netsky is gone. After listening to his remix that he did for Jack U, I have lost all faith in him.

I doubt anyone will mourn the loss of Netsky. Hopefully they will continue the renaissance they had last year and continue to put out good music whilst steering clear of the cheese

Didn't like the Camo&Krooked, FredV&Grafix & Metrik period, in my opinion their music belonged to different labels. All great producers, nonetheless.

I think there sound add a good variation to the rooster. And all of their album were absolutely flawless productions. The fredv&grafix LP was my favorite.

Also the medschool stuff is excellent. Anile, lung, etherwood... Top singings and i especially enjoy the new blood compilation every year, altough i got to say 013 was a touch better than 014.

They only had one bad year which was 2012 imo. They haven't gone back to their main roots but rather a modernized version of their roots.

Although C&K 2nd album was cancer (IMO BEFORE I GET NEGGED) the rest was pretty good.

And do please keep Med School out of this. Their output is far better than Hospital's IMO (apart from Etherwood, I just can't stand his shit IMO BEFORE I GET NEGGED. AGAIN)
Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_283 using Tapatalk

I am shocked at some of the replies on this feed.

Imo Hospital have been sliding away for years now, sure, there are a few exceptions, nu-tone, spy (hit and miss), some logistics tracks.

In my view hospital present a fine example of how DnB / Jungle has been watered down for the masses.

They release a few good tunes from time to time but to me it seems that Med School are miles ahead with forward thinking jungle / dnb.

I guess it's all opinion but sometimes when I look back at their early releases their new stuff makes me confused as to their direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed they keep the good stuff coming, this is what hospital is about, none of that Netsky/FV+G Cheese they've been putting out lately, although it's not bad I don't think it rates them well as a label, even more so when they have been in the game for a serious amount of time and have released some huge tunes.

They are doing just fine. Every album they've released since the second Camo & Krooked album (that one included) was great, keeping a high standard there. Really pleased with their latest signings, too.

I really liked cross the line and still enjoy it today. Fred V & Grafix's album was disappointing because of a few tracks, but we know what they're capable of. Loved their remix of Every Little Word, and One of These Days is a classic for me

Back
Top Bottom