Is Grime Dead?

i think its moving on, i dont listen to it half as much as i used to. last thing i bought was frisco back to the lab4 and id give it a 7/10 ishh.
Logans show gone way down hill aswell

With regards to Instrumental Grime i dont think so what with Royal-T and Preditah.

Vocal Grime i'm not a massive follower of but i see that Skepta, Wiley, JME etc etc are doing well so...

Dont know about grime being dead... DECENT grime is dead though imo.

Fun fact, i used to play xbox with JME way back. He was ridiculous with the headshots.

can anyone recommend some other producers similar to those two?

Darq E freeker,spooky,roska,Dullah beatz,SX,Mr mitch,Teddy,dexplicit,beat freeks theres a few more but they are off the top.

Last edited:
Grime isn't dead just evolving once more. I hear it merging alot more with Garage at the moment. Royal T's productions, some of DJ Qs new ones and a whole load of new breed producers coming through are just blurring grime with other music. MC wise, not many I'm feeling at the moment.

Grime has definitely lost its hype (which peaked around 2008) but that doesn't mean its dead.

Listen to instrumentals by Preditah and Kahn. Good stuff.

as for MC's I couldn't really give a fuck. The main thing that that annoys me about Grime is that it will always constantly be mistaked for UK hip hop, when in fact its much more closer to Garage and Dubstep

Back
Top Bottom