IS DNB DYING IN POMPEY

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
hate to say this but vurt the other nite got me worried!
FABIO for fuck sake, hes a badman and this could of been a wikid nite,
( sorry i meant better) but no, da good old pompey massive couldnt be arsed to get off there arses and go an check it out! i was brasik and had to borro cash to get in but i still made it.

what about when andy c played at vurt it was half full! nuff said.

i know that breakneck is doin well but cant pompey support more than one dnb nites!
or is everyone so skint they can only afford one nite a month.

its lame

rant over.
peace

Y'know, I'm from London but as part of Breakneck feel pretty involved with the Portsmouth scene, and keep ears to the ground.

There's plenty energy, talent, enthusiasm, tracks and Djs coming outta Portsmouth and The South Coast.

I'm amazed everytime I come down, everyone's got tracks, everyone's Djing, lotta stuff in the pipelines.

There's plenty big established names going under at mo in the wider dance music biz.

It's hard times all round, but Portsmouth DnB is gonna come out stronger.

It definitely ain't over.

:twisted: :slayer: :burn:

Respect to everyone who cares...

Originally posted by lokki
dnb is nearly dead in pompey compared with most other cities

I think this is the case with most places, definately is here. I think the bubble of the popularity of recent may have popped, dnb may have had its 15 mins of fame, but that's no big deal as long as us true fans carry on with it, dnb has existed in its own right for years.

i dont really see that d&b in town has ever been stronger. portsmouth cant really support weeknight events (it seems), unless the university subsidise it heavily. we now have a MONTHLY getting crowds of about 900 a month. paradox is getting just over 100 it seems. vurt used to be every other month & got crowds of what we're getting every month. surel;y the scene is getting stronger? people only go to what they know, so when something moves venue (ie changes) then people feel uneasy again. i think andy c was so quiet coz everyone had convinced themselves he wasnt going to turn up. i know i had. granted, the local scene has it's flaws but the towns hosting one of the biggest d*b nights in the land (outside of london) & thats gotta be something to be proud of. for such a strange town i think we;re doing pretty well, it'll take a while before anyone can run a successfull weeknight but i think we're getting there. pompey d&b dying? fuck off we're only just getting started mate... evolution not revolution

Same old shit in Birmingham right now
Nobody seems to be arsed to come out at all

my excuses for these nights: andy c - was at slammin, fabio - got exams....

personally i think that breakneck draws the crowd through being consistently good, with 2 rooms and more than one big name dj its built up a loyal following...vurt is a bit erratic (change in venue, change of night, djs not turning up) not that this is any excuse but i reckon sum ppl need to b sure of having a good night b4 they go out....this is why i chose slammin over vurt anyway

but dnb in pompey imo seems to be growing despite this :crazy:

big up the breakneck kru for the work they do.

obviously breakneck would be rammed all the time cos the line ups are so baddass!!!

but when i say that dnb is dyin in pompey im talkin bout the grass roots stuff like the weekly things that go on like its all good bar and the frog etc etc.
cos this is where you see the real support and not just the ones that come out at the weekend to get mash up!

its a shame cos i really reckon a good weekly thing could be cool if it was to take off properly!

oh well !!! keep up the good work.

an all you lame b@+!tards out there ...SORT IT OUT!!

Originally posted by lokki
its a shame cos i really reckon a good weekly thing could be cool if it was to take off properly!

itz been tried so many times, i used to go to them all, but after so many failures itz hard to get your crew (myself included) motivated to go.

i think portsmouth is destined for monthlys - that said, with nights like breakneck every month itz all good.

we try to go up to london (in-between each breakneck) as often as we can to get our drum & bass fix.

thing is the mid-week shiznit has never worked regularly. surely nothing's dying then? i think one day it will work, but how can things be getting worse. the crowd are slags & slack with it but they've always been like it. everythings only getting stronger

there used to be a weekly called friction at the albert tavern in 1996/7 and that was off the hook to start with. loadsa big name dj's played (grooverider for one), but it started to suffer after a few months as most of the weeklys mentioned above have. it was the best weekly event i've seen in pompey....EVER....and it still failed. so i guess pompey just ain't the place for a proper weekly -even big names don't draw the crowds they ought to.

bigup to all crews representing dnb in pompey - the scene is nowhere near dead :gun:

its a tough subject this one...
not really sure wether the scene has quietened down or what? but there hasnt been a rammed event since the valve thing...
the shitty thing about pompey is that theres only really two clubs that are available at the weekend : the pier (where every single dance music event seems to be held) and eq (which is a bit of a shite-ole to be fair) so it doesnt give promoters many options??????
Blame it all on decadance for losing the people of pompey the plaza. it wasnt the best venue in the world but it was a quality alternative!!!
dun

ok ok!!!!!

the scene aint dead cos those that love it always havce and always will!!
i was never tryin to say that it was dead per say, just that it kinda peaked and then went down a bit!!!

oh well!:slayer:

Back
Top Bottom