Is DnB better now the Pendulum fad is over?

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
I certainly think so.

More n more grimey, wobbly, nasty tunes are gettin played instead of the full on musical melody tunes.

Maybe its just my musical peference but i think dirty, grimey dnb is far better than the singy, synth melody stuff!

Hazard seems to be the anthem maker at the mo while pendulums sound aint really progressed at all.

What ya think?

I agree with you but i still love the smooth drum and bass, Word of warning people may disagree with you here and prepare for abuse lol - just going on past experience:spam:

i fink it wud be better if pendulum started makin tunes like they used 2, like the vault for example.
their new stuff is shit.
i prefer grimey taxman,hazard style dnb anyway.
but it depends wat kinda mood ya in.

You know! DJ SC, if im on my own in the car on a long journey it has to be a Calibre/Logistics/Makoto Set, but with all my mates in the car driving about has to be pure filthy jump up :rowley:

I agree with you but i still love the smooth drum and bass, Word of warning people may disagree with you here and prepare for abuse lol - just going on past experience:spam:

The people who get "abused", as in told to calm down, are those who use the c word - which makes this place a haven for those who despite it.

YAWN

i dont think its over....what about this jump up fad?? lol

Last edited:
Imo a well structured mix with a variety of styles in it is better than just a jump up set or whatever, with a few exeptions. But yea I agree if pendulum started producing like they used to they would soon be big in the rave again.

Ye Pendulum produce good tunes and I reckon have been good for DnB but there are much better producers out there.

Definatly made Dnb more popular which I think is good, but hopefully they have too many tunes on the conveyor belt.

JUST BECAUSE YOU LISTEN TO DNB DOESNT MAKE YOU A MUSIC CRITIC ,

JUST BECAUSE YOU OWN TURNTABLES DOESNT MAKE YOU A DJ ,

JUST BECAUSE YOU SMOKE DOPE WEAR YOUR CAP UNDER A HOOD , PHAT PANTS DOWN TO YOUR KNEES AND CAN MAKE YOUR HANDS INTO A SILLY GUN SALUTE ? DONT MEAN YOUR GANGSTER ......

WHY DISRESPECT N HATE ON SOMEONES SUCCESS - PENDULUM MADE MONEY AND I HAVE TO SAY SMASHED MORE DANCES OVER A SMALL PERIOD IN TIME THAN ALL OF US PUT TOGETHER ON THIS FORUM ?

AND IF ANYTHING IF THEY CREATED A FAD FUCK ME SIDEWAYS GOOD FOR THEM LEAST THEY GOT PAID DOING SOMETHING THEY ENJOYED DOING RATHER THAN DO SOME SHITTY UNDER PAID 9-5 SHIT .....

PERSONALLY I HATE DNB AT THE MOMENT - ITS NOT THE MUSIC FAULT INFACT THERES SOME MAJOR TUNAGEOUT THERE - IM FUCKING HATING THE IDIOTS THAT THIS MUSIC IS BRING IN ........

IM OFF HAD ENOUGH ............. :typing::gimp::i_love_co

I think their sound and production level was great for dnb, but also that the people who don’t like it were bound to get up and do their thing, which hopefully increases diversity of the scene. Dnb has always involved a series of reactions against a certain sound, its very knee-jerk in a lot of ways. Does anyone recall ShyFX and the whole ragga thing being ostracised after Original Nuttah went to charts and it all got a bit gangsta for some? Led to clubs like Speed and labels like Metalheadz. Now ragga is reminisced about and has its own sub-set of listeners, with people still making tunes. Its not as if the big synth sound is going to leave dnb completely, but I also think some people are happy they can now accuse Pendulum of ‘ruining dnb / disrespecting the scene’ crap and get away with it easier.

Don’t get me wrong I am not a big fan of their last few tunes, but anyone who thinks they only had a negative impact has a very narrow vision of how this music progresses, and the different influences it needs to stay alive.

JUST BECAUSE YOU LISTEN TO DNB DOESNT MAKE YOU A MUSIC CRITIC

But it does. We are all allowed to have opinions!

JUST BECAUSE YOU OWN TURNTABLES DOESNT MAKE YOU A DJ

I agree, it makes u a MC

WHY DISRESPECT N HATE ON SOMEONES SUCCESS - PENDULUM MADE MONEY AND I HAVE TO SAY SMASHED MORE DANCES OVER A SMALL PERIOD IN TIME THAN ALL OF US PUT TOGETHER ON THIS FORUM ?

no ones disrespecting them. They seemed to want commercial sucess and while their tunes were popular alot of other ppl tried to copy making a stale time in dnb but now the gloves are off and i think imo that producers are coming out with smashin tunes!

PERSONALLY I HATE DNB AT THE MOMENT - ITS NOT THE MUSIC FAULT INFACT THERES SOME MAJOR TUNAGEOUT THERE - IM FUCKING HATING THE IDIOTS THAT THIS MUSIC IS BRING IN ........

Why let ppl stop u from havin a good time? Grow some balls!

I think that quote alone demonstrates his point; he likes the tunes but not rude prats. You should watch who you speak to like that, understand something bout what they have done in this scene instead of running off.

I think that quote alone demonstrates his point; he likes the tunes but not rude prats. You should watch who you speak to like that, understand something bout what they have done in this scene instead of running off.

I didn't really LIKE pendulum's tunes(I can't make music so who am i to complain though), but i think they dragged a lot of people into listening to D&B/ETC who otherwise wouldn't.
Then listened to other bits of this music, amazing how you can change someone's perception of a certain genre with a couple of tunes. :rasta:

I'm lovin the tunes coming out now, specially the grimewobble, but I don't think that has anything to do with Pendulum. It'll be real interesting to hear this new Pendulum album early next year, I dig Pendulum.

I didn't really LIKE pendulum's tunes(I can't make music so who am i to complain though), but i think they dragged a lot of people into listening to D&B/ETC who otherwise wouldn't.
Then listened to other bits of this music, amazing how you can change someone's perception of a certain genre with a couple of tunes. :rasta:

That’s right though, I don’t like the Counterstrike or Limewax or any of that stuff, but if it brings new people into dnb and shows them what’s possible then it’s a good thing. Same with TC, Dillinja, any of the players who’ve copped hate in recent years.

But it does. We are all allowed to have opinions!

I agree, it makes u a MC

no ones disrespecting them. They seemed to want commercial sucess and while their tunes were popular alot of other ppl tried to copy making a stale time in dnb but now the gloves are off and i think imo that producers are coming out with smashin tunes!

a] how do you know they just want commercil success , they didnt sit down behind a desk and go "im going to make a commercil record" as an artist you go in the studio and exspress yourself , there exspression came under the bracket of "drum and bass" it just so happen that the music they made touched alot of people and there sales went through the roof , they opened more doors to the outside of dnb than alot of very good music producers have , as far as i can see they are a bunch of grafters who as im aware are touring the uk at this point doing there live shows .. why shouldnt someone whos not a diehard dnb fan not have or left to feel crap by try hards who feel the need to keep music as a elitist thing , its music end of , music is for everyone ,,, standard !!!

b] ok theres no quailfication as far as im aware via being a music critic , but sure thing is you are right , you do have a human right for an opinion granted , but the way you have constructed your thread by stating "Is DnB better" and words like "the Pendulum fad" gives me this immpression

c] sarcasm to me makes me think hmm doesnt understand ?

d] as for growing balls .. sorry im into music not image , music doesnt have an image , mankind wants an image via music , rest my case ...

@ mesh sorry for ranting earlier ....... laters :i_love_co

Pendulum fads over??

My mates went to see them on their new tour last night and what can i say...fully crossed over to the mainstream, ppl there were telling my mates pendulum was "so bad and underground, best dnb artists by a mile" ...this people who didnt even know of friction and mampi !!!

Oh and the music was dire, i dont think many ravers listen to pendulum anymore!

Back
Top Bottom