Is dnb actually cool???

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by lokki, Jun 28, 2008.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

After reading the 'is trance cool' thread...

I thought actually... you know.. dnb isnt really cool.. I mean its good.. i love it but its not actually cool...in the true sence of cool.

As a scene its full of 19 year old kids doing pills or old moaning people (like me) who go on about how shit it all is now etc etc

Most producers stay in the bedroom or studio on their own playijng with the computers.. yeah they are making music but they arent in a band rocking out being cool.. they are computer geeks really...

You dont have to look cool.... infact a lot of the new producers dont look cool...

Dnb parties these days are full of chavs.. dnb is possibly one of the most chavtastic genres of music around... there for its really not cool.. chavs arent cool.. they cant be cool.. they have no taste.. unless they are being a chav ironically...

There arent many girls into it.. therefor the general sausage fest nature of the music mena its not cool.. its not sexy.

its full of blokes discussing how great noisia are (geeks..lets be honest) and how Break makes those bass sounds..... they would rather be talking about that than chatting up girls, getting drunk or having fun.... which are cool thinsg to do

ity used to be cool... all the cool kids at my school were into it. and at college if you were into dnb you were cool.. we were the cool kids who went out to get mash up and dance to late 90's cool techy dnb.. whcih was cool... other kids were into indy which wasnt cool back then.. but actually is now.. or metal which used to be cool but stopped as soon as nu metal arrived... Linkin Park really arent cool... they are uncool.. Metallica are cool though.. and iron maiden.. cos they werent seen as cool, but they were..until the lead singer outed as a Christain then made them uncool...

so you see... dnb isnt cool..

dubstep is cool though... i think dubstep is way cooler than dnb....cos it takes effort to get into and when you are into it you play it to your less cool mates who go 'huh? its all slow.. i dontb get it..its shit' and then you smile and think to yourself how cool you are and how they are clueless fools. the more weird the dubstep the better .. Loefah works well.. thats cool.

2. GIRLSCANSTEP2

GIRLSCANSTEP2 Member

Jesus, what is with calling everything cool?
    What IS cool??
    I have to agree tho, it does need more female listeners.
    But I dont consider any form or genre of music to be any "cooler" than another.
    Everyones taste is different

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

played my mate sum dubstep!
    an he was like wat the fuck its all slow an its shit!lol
    wat a gimp!

4. robhicks1

robhicks1 Nuts about Zoo

Definately!!!

5. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

dnb is the epitimy of 'l33t cool'

6. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

i'm cool, so dnb must be.

7. thomfletcher

thomfletcher Member

No ones heard of drum & bass where im from so it cant be cool :lol: I genrally find that its the wierder, more open minded crowd into it here. The chavs are all it that retro & hard dance.

8. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

lol i like it alot u put alot of thought into that lol dnb is cool your right about computer geeks tho, yet all types of music is made on a pc, house, trance, elctro, garage, dnb, dubstep?
    So there all computer geeks, wat u need to do is get yourself a bitch, then hibernate on ur pc, an make them get interested in wat ur doin, u know how many bitches love to have a dj/producer as a bf tis a turn on lol well i doubt it really lol but thats positive thinkin for ya!

I got a bitch, i aint got shit to worry bout! Its only wen ur single and ur lockin urself in ur room makin tunes, thats wen theres a problem, but u find those producers are normally the best in the game, no distractions! Its tough tryin to focus on makin a tune gettin inspired by shit then ur mrs walks in askin to spend time wiv her, ruins ur chi lol but comprimise is the key!
    Personally i dont comprimise, lay the rules down at the begginin if they like u they wont get bothered they know where they stand! lol

p.s dont get me wrong i only say bitches cause i dont know your names individually! ;)

9. GIRLSCANSTEP2

GIRLSCANSTEP2 Member

No harm done
    But yes, tis true
    Djs are a weakness :D
    A man who is musically inclinde is a MAJOR turn on :inlove:, just having skills is a plus

10. Mattix

Mattix Sub Focus anyone?

Dubstep is shit! Weve had the jungle days and its done its thing, it got us to where we are today but don't really think dubstep is much different apart from being slower!

11. Sammy Dexcell

yea totally gives u an edge on other ppl cause its music, every1 listnens to music?!

i rememebr my mate said he got his girlfriend by makin her a tune an she loved it an they fell in love......awwwww....lol

dunno how much truth is in that tho :lol:

12. Mattix

Mattix Sub Focus anyone?

13. GIRLSCANSTEP2

GIRLSCANSTEP2 Member

Well in MY mind dnb is 'cool' I guess...
    And I probably listen to it more than any other genre atm
    So if I meet any male with a taste for dnb, a switch goes on in my head
    But If I happen to meet a male who can mix...Panties want to fly! :lol:
    But Ive actually never met a guy like that

On subject: Dnb also isnt cool by by a mainstream perspective.
    Im not even sure what is cool to the mainstream right now...Rap??

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  14. Mattix

Mattix Sub Focus anyone?

You should come to England! Everyones a DJ!!!

15. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

dubstep only seems cooler because it's a newer form of music, once it's established as a common style people will be piss bored of it, and will be slagging it off saying it's dead.

jazz and the blues are the coolest styles of music.

16. GIRLSCANSTEP2

GIRLSCANSTEP2 Member

I can agree with you there :thumbsup:
    Back to basics, the TRUE origin of todays music

17. Sammy Dexcell

damn right! al about the slap bass an funky drums!

as far as dj's go all my mates are dnb/garage dj's an producers, my advice to u get out of florida come to england, ull be spoilt for chioce ;)
    then u could actually pick the ppl wiv good personalities as well as mixing abilities :wave:

18. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

hmm they are cool yes.... but classical music is cooler

i was listening to classic fm on the radio at work the other day (i work on a building site) i could tell people were laughing but i dont really give a fuck........ cos i know that i am a million times cooler than they are

pfft, how can someone who listens to kiss and capital all day laugh at my taste in music?????

19. Sammy Dexcell

hahaha i remember cruisin round wiv my mate in summer windows down blazing classical fm, haha got well aload of funny looks i actually do like some of it tho, you get great ideas listenin to different styles of music every1ns got talent in some way or another!

20. clayasaurus

clayasaurus wintermute

You bring up a good point, that despite the value of the music it carries with it a lot of associations, and in its execution DnB is definitely not as enjoyable of an environment as a lot of more popular genres.

Coolness is entirely subjective though, and imo if YOU yourself are cool enough (and assuming you aren't pushing the lame DnB) you could make a dead/dying/lame genre work for you.