Is D&B vinyl collectable?

lws

I have a stack of D&B vinyl (around 1993-1998 era) that has been sitting in my parent's house for the past 7 years or so. They are sitting there doing nothing, so I have decided it is probably best to sell them to someone who can hopefully get some enjoyment from them.

My question is - is vinyl still collectable? I have been completely out of touch for the past 10+ years so I have completely no idea what the scene is like these days.

Off the top of my head I have around 1000 records, including classics such as Atlantis (plus all the very early Looking Good Records releases), Leviticus, Tom & Jerry, Full Cycle, Movin' Shadow etc etc.

Cheers

various vinyl depending on condition and release rarity/popularity will go for various prices. check discogs

everything thats old is collectable. just gotta find the right people. maybe put them on ebay. dont sell them all at once though, one record at a time. youll make more money, even if every record gets sold for 1£

I have a stack of D&B vinyl (around 1993-1998 era) that has been sitting in my parent's house for the past 7 years or so. They are sitting there doing nothing, so I have decided it is probably best to sell them to someone who can hopefully get some enjoyment from them.

My question is - is vinyl still collectable? I have been completely out of touch for the past 10+ years so I have completely no idea what the scene is like these days.

Off the top of my head I have around 1000 records, including classics such as Atlantis (plus all the very early Looking Good Records releases), Leviticus, Tom & Jerry, Full Cycle, Movin' Shadow etc etc.

Cheers

IL buy em...

discogs if u want to sell them individually
pm me if u want to sell them all in one hit

warning
some of them will be worth 50p and it will make u sad

i may be prepared to bag them all of u and sell individually, but i will be doing so to make a profit so dont be offended at my offer , they arent worth what they used to be. 3-4 years ago the market was much better

Depends on condition, 93-96 alot are rare and worth quite a bit. After that not really, maybe a few of the others but get rid quick

Last edited by a moderator:
great-western-auctions-anita-manning.jpg

Only particular tunes are collectable really, the rest you're probably better off selling as a job lot. Leviticus, Atlantis and any of the Tom & Jerry stuff should make you a few quid, and if you've got any of the 93/94 movin shadow stuff by Foul Play etc that can be worth a bit as well. Having said that you should do your research on any of your records from that era, some of them might be uber rare and hard to find so worth something. As mentioned by others check out discogs to see how much stuff is worth, then list each valuable record on ebay individually. I usually list stuff with a starting price close to what I want for the record, at least that way you'll sell it for a few quid and hopefully more. Listing stuff for 99p can gain more interest but sometimes it will sell for that and you'll be gutted you didn't start the price higher.

16?

Answer in general is no, not in the scheme of things I would say. There are other genres where vinyl of the same age that is more widely collected and often exists in smaller quantities originally so the instances of sought after and valuable records are more common than in jungle dnb I would say, thinking of older house, techno and even some newer techno and dubstep.

That is coming from someone that has collected jungle dnb for 17 years. :bruce:

Back
Top Bottom