IS D&B BEING MADE TO TARGET THE US MARKET ???

Radius

Full Spectrum Selection
VIP Junglist
Something I have been noticing is the more tharashy or rock sound coming in, perhaps apartly due to VST instruments like SLayer, but it seems like that metal sound is getting infused with teh D&B sound. From what I hear a lot of D&B listeners in teh states have more of a leaning to that sound....not sure if I'm right or if this is just a passing thing..Whadda u lot think ??

I think most people associate that sound with the U.S. because a lot of the UK crowds lean heavily towards anything Jump-up. The amount of 'darker' producers that say they receive massive love outside the UK is crazy, a little too crazy for my liking, but what you going to do!?

That's my 2 cents on the subject :teeth:

Edit: I like the metal in DnB sound! :slayer:

That's the beauty of dnb, there's an audience for almost anything! The UK had an era of darkness years ago, now it's more into jump up & liquid. The US is more into dark & also producing it's own sounds. In Europe you get some weird trance & tech dnb, and i've heard the Ozzie dnb population are raw as fuck...

Affliction said:
That's the beauty of dnb, there's an audience for almost anything! QUOTE]

true true!

Defintatley!

Im not feeling the metal sound myself, but can appreciate why peeople like it. I think that in the US' metal n rock are more closely linked to DnB than they are over here.

Alot of the DnD heads i've met around my areas (richmond and philly) are mostly into that dark hard, metal-step stuff. This usualy leads them to call me a wuss when ever i start mixing liquid or neuro funk. But no matter what their taste everyone will usualy give a good responce to a good old fashioned Jungle/ ragga set. But its funny alot of the comercials on tv have DnB type breaks in them.

I just think its coincidence, I mean there just as many jump - up producers about, and maybe more liquid producers currently. Swings and roundabouts mate

?

im lost on dnb and all its this n thats la la la bollox ......

im not a biznes man and not into what shit people do to make money via music ???? good luck to them if your hustling n try ..... sorry dont interest me ////

to much good music from every section of pigeon hole shelf life of music bracket to stress myself worrying if so in so is producing a boom boom strum strum grrr sound to market themselves to one place .. ?

its all from one tree " the tree of beats " and aswe all know that tree has many branches from which every sound can grow from a twig to a branch and if it flowers fruit and makes people money great if not hay hoo !!!

thats my 50 pence on the subject ...... :lol_board

rockstep is the future :slayer:

D Star's 'If' was (is!) a great track, it has that screaming synth line which sounds a bit to me like a guitar solo which runs through it (full artwork EP came out on the ill-fated Metalheadz America sublabel a month or so ago), I wish I had more rock-infused D&B in my collection, as coming from a rock/metal background I always dig a bit of guitar in a track (I was a drummer in a rock band for a few years, and I've listened to rock all my life, way before getting into D&B five years ago at the tender age of 15).

Rock in D&B? It's all good. :D

I don't really get why the rock influence in D&B mainly seems to be naff, US, nu-metal, shouty stuff. Especially when the UK rock scene has had so much more cross pollenation with the dance scene.

Really not into 'don't tell me', 'pack of wolves' type stuff.

The beauty in DnB is it's ability to conform to every sound and to shift gears as soon as one style get's too popular. It will be interesting to see how it finally makes a full cross over. Hopefully the US will recognize the true originators and not find some hip hop wanna be mcs to take claim or worse, forget the dj ...

I Love Metal and I Love DnB. I am sure there are people out there who feel the same regardless of whether they are in the states or not.

bah......
rock is not the phuture...
i came from a rock/metal/prog background
(that and classical) the scene is so stagnant...
rock is basically dead... with the exception of
few needles in the haystack rock hasnt
really evolved at all in the last 20 years
it peaked in the 70s and has been slowly Dying
ever since.......
please note im not talking popularity here
in that department rock is as strong as ever
im talking musicology.........
thats my 2 cents anyway.....
screw "rockstep" or whatever you want to call it
bring on the phuture not the past
lets push the envelope and evolve....

Itys all horses for courses but I have noticed taht you have to be careful when you drop that kind of thing...seen other DJ's clear a dancefloor with 1 track of the angry dandruff youth step grrr rock flava.
However that been said tehre is plaenty of good 'rock' out there will alway be feeling Pink Ffloyd and Bon Scott AC/DC ( pre 1980 and the Geordie knob) oh and Metalica b4 they sold right out.

and king crimson

greatest band ever....
fripp is old enough to be my grandad
and he is still writing the most amzing
music iver ever heard

everyone check out
'the power to believe'

I feel like the US market is in control of DnB right now...

I have been feeling a lot of the artists from the states that are breakin out right now. I would almost argue that some of these artists are helping to reshape DnB in directions other than the rock/metal style

I have been really into guys like: Mayhem, Quadrant, Kiko, Vicious Circle, Gridlock, Hive, Echo, Random Movement, JuJu, Mathematics, Brooklyn, Basic Operations (even though they are now split)

Or some of the Canadian Talent that has been surfacing as well...Guys like Visionary, Psidream, Kubiks, and Pacific.

Back
Top Bottom