Is anyone here teetotal?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by bongobongo, Jul 28, 2013.

1. bongobongo

bongobongo Member

From drink and drugs? Coming down and feeling like I should go that way...? Hmmm

2. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

See how you feel about being 'teetotal' 2 days from now...

Harry3 likes this.
  3. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

Nope.

I did a stint of 45 days earlier in the year though... It didn't seem difficult at all either, which was a plus.

I'd recommend it for a bit at least, good to cleanse the mind and body.

4. bongobongo

bongobongo Member

Hmmm. Think ill do it for a month and see where it goes.

5. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

6. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I abstain from food and drink for religious reasons, and am therefore heavily reliant on drugs and alcohol to keep me going.

7. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

cant trust a none drinker

della111 likes this.
  8. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

I did 18 months when my Liver tried to kill me about 10 years ago. I still drink now, but hard to get your form back after a big layoff. Morphed my senses over the years to where I would much rather have a zoot and a tin of pop! I did go the tee total route for a while, but that really kills of the social life a bit, and being sober around drunkards is hard work, better just to sink a few and join in the carnage!

As a great man once said, if you dont drink, your a boring cunt and all your stories suck!

9. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

I have been for a month or so now. It definitely makes a nice change from the reliance I have had on drugs and alcohol since I was about 13

Rusket likes this.
  10. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I did 10 days last month, longest i haven't had a drink in 8 years, which really sucks ass in all honesty.

I actually really want to quit, but its really fucking hard, i don't blaze anymore and i only have a sniff every few months or so.

So drink is like the last bastion of solace as it were, trouble is, its turned from solace into a dark hole...

:confused:

11. bongobongo

bongobongo Member

I use to blaze up every day for yrs then one day i realised how it made me edgy and stopped liking the way it made me feel and don't wanna go back there and never really looked back. Stuck in a loop of alcohol and other things now, when I have a couple of drinks in social situations I just wanna carry on and get obliterated..

Moderation is key in anything but I can't get the moderation bit sorted out ha.

12. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Exactly the position i'm in mate...

If I don't drink its fine, as soon as a solitary shot or pint passes my lips, its the floodgates, I wake up the next day fully clothed £150 down, family hating me & me with hazy recollection of being utterly wankered, hungover to hell, so enter into the hair of the dog realm & just carry on hoping the hangover doesn't catch up with me...

Rinse, wash, repeat for the last 12 years.

Fucking sad.

I had a really bad sniff problem, but managed to sort that relatively easily.

Drink is fucking evil, so hard to quit.

13. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Teetotal Recall

ONSLAUGHT88 likes this.
  14. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Drinks the worst, after a few drinks I'm clucking for the sniff, tried quitting everything for a bit ended up taking Valium as a substitute which probably wasn't a great idea, now I have a bit of a Valium issue but its manageable. Nothing better than a few vallies and a spliff though. As long as I have a week break from them I think I'm ok

15. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

Yea I've been cutting back; just smoke a lil' piff every now and again. Maybe a shot or a beer. Nothing heavy. Not like the typical smoke 4 blunts a day, beer for breakfast and whiskey whiskey whiskey the rest of the way and then pop 2 Rageralls to keep the fun train goin' all night.

16. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

I managed to stop drinking and taking stimulants for about a year or so recently, still smoked weed and had the odd trip here and there but still felt better for it

Never really had much of a problem with drink but currently have a major one with weed.

Towards the end of the year I still didn't feel like drinking or getting on it and I still rarely do it now, only special occasions.

I do fancy a drink when the sun is out though and like others one just doesn't make sense

17. PhorceOfHabit

PhorceOfHabit Seldom

I've never done anything other than alcohol & weed. Pretty much stopped weed now, compared to a year or so anyways. I'll never say no in the right moment, but usually end up getting a draw once a month or so and having that over a weekend, or just have one from a mates bag every now and then. That seems to be a nice level for me: social life is better, work is better, sleep is better, I have awesome zombie killing dreams on the regs etc.

Alcohol on the other hand, that shit's always been my vice. Normally get fairly obliterated friday & saturday, probably more so than most to keep up with all the heads around me taking uppers, and then a few little pub sessions/glasses of whisky through the week.

18. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

not all that fond of drink...only reason i ever drink is to numb my anxiety in social situations....and for that very reason i'm becoming a bit too reliant on it.

I don't understand people that like to get "can't walk, talk or muster enough intelligence to order a pack of chips" drunk. Why is that fun?

19. Anth

Anth Active Member

never drank/been drunk

20. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

I never intend on getting in that state when I drink it just kind of happens sometimes, I never usually remember it but from what all my friends tell me I was having a good time, also Valium for anxiety is the one...just saying