Is A.M.C too fast?

nezza

Was watching him at Let it Roll, christ the man is fast!

Technically very very impressive, sooo tight.

But I wondered what if he's too fast between transitions and should them roll out a bit longer?

He is pretty fast on the hands, the thing is that he actually manages to pull it off perfectly in regards to harmonic mixing, which makes it even more impressive in my eyes.

If I played that kind of stuff I would be too embarrassed to let it roll out for more than 64 bars either tbh

He is pretty fast on the hands, the thing is that he actually manages to pull it off perfectly in regards to harmonic mixing, which makes it even more impressive in my eyes.

Yeah, technically I struggle to think of somebody better at the moment, other than of course Andy C. I mean in recent times, Andy has nailed the super-fast drop, drop style - but AMC seems to gone even faster - to the point where the I'm thinking 'I wanna hear some more of that!'. Obviously it's working for him and people are into it though.

Here's the vid of let it roll, check out Friction on the left - look on his face - lol.

I think for general listening pleasure it perhaps isn't the greatest thing, but for a live performance? wow, he really keeps the energy going, his mixing is unbelievably tight and he looks to be having a great time every time he performs, props to him.

I think for general listening pleasure it perhaps isn't the greatest thing, but for a live performance? wow, he really keeps the energy going, his mixing is unbelievably tight and he looks to be having a great time every time he performs, props to him.

Yep, good point. And without sounding like a shite football commentator (which I'm just about to) he does give 110% every time I've seen him.

Yep, good point. And without sounding like a shite football commentator (which I'm just about to) he does give 110% every time I've seen him.
Yeah can't argue with that, it fits his mixing style all that jumping around etc, some people look bored on the decks and it makes it a bore to watch and to be honest.

Also that man does look a shit tonne like friction haha, although he is wearing a RAM t-shirt!

Also that man does look a shit tonne like friction haha, although he is wearing a RAM t-shirt!

That's the bit I couldn't work out, surely he'd have a shogun shirt on, but then I thought he's showing some solidarity to Andy!

this is actually a friction lean version :D I did in august from a photo when he played on Let It Roll last year

jbW07cO.jpg

Yeah, technically I struggle to think of somebody better at the moment, other than of course Andy C. I mean in recent times, Andy has nailed the super-fast drop, drop style - but AMC seems to gone even faster - to the point where the I'm thinking 'I wanna hear some more of that!'. Obviously it's working for him and people are into it though.

Here's the vid of let it roll, check out Friction on the left - look on his face - lol.

To me A.M.C is as good as it gets for perfect mixing (including harmony, tune selection, multiple drops, speed and overall structure of the set/mix). Every mix he releases I know is an instant listen and I will be replaying it many times, he's a proper badman.

Only heard of him a little while ago after liking some of his tracks, then noticed that very same set when trawling through the LIR sets on youtube and was left open mouthed. Crazy skills, think he is absolutely top quality. Love his energy behind the decks too haha.

Back
Top Bottom