Is 94.5 Kool FM Still Alive?

Packman

VIP Junglist
I am only curious because I was told back in 95 or 96 that it was a London radio station that played only D n' B back in the day (I guess around 93). I am and have always been stuck back in the states so the idea of a radio station created for the sole purpose of playing jungle was quite foreign and yet exciting at the same time. In NJ we only had short time slots on certain college radio stations that would play Dn'B. Is Kool FM still broadcasting? I would love to know of their fate.

Packman

Forget it, my computer actually caught up with what I am doing the search section and apparently it is still alive and well:mr_cool:.

Packman

Alive and well. I don't even want to think about when it eventually does stop broadcasting though. I hope Eastman (Kool FM owner) has someone lined up to take it off his hands when he eventually does retire from the scene.

I have to get re-acquainted with my home audio text book and get that old Sony dial receiver working again. I received a newer digital receiver ten years ago when the old Sony unit quit working. However, I found out to my dismay that the digital receiver is somewhat limited in the radio stations it wants to receive. I have a decent antenna for it and it still only gets the strongest of signals. Hopefully I can get the old Sony unit working and fine tune the dial so I can find the college stations again. This way I can see for sure if drum n' bass is still alive in this area.

94.6 now; cool I will check that out over the net.

Packman

Back
Top Bottom