iPod warranty

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by ScottyEightSix, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Anyone know anything about ipod warranties? I bought a 32GB ipod touch about 4 or 5 months ago and for some reason the headphone socket has suddenly decided to fuck up, my headphones are getting distorted and quite sound through them until I wiggle them about a bit then I get perfect sound for a min or so and it fucks up again.

I would expect something like this to be covered in the warranty however, unfortunately I dropped my ipod about a week after having is and the bottom of the screen is cracked a little.

Am I likely to get a new one or are apple going to be complete dicks about it?

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

shuld b covered, how do they sound with diffrent headphones? more often the headphones die before the ipod, worth checking, then get to ur local apple store

3. MrChapman

MrChapman Member

Apple are pretty good if you go to an apple store. Swapped my ipod over no questions asked when I smashed my screen in Bluewater.

4. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Defo not the headphones, they're sennheiser and I tried them in my iphone an they work perfectly

5. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

I used to own an 80gb Ipod video eventually the harddrive went all to fuck I took it back to the shop where I got it, they sent it off to Apple and then Apple sent it back saying they wouldn't repair it because it had cosmetic damage which was only a few scratches on the screen so as far as I know they will be dicks about it but I've never tried taking anything to an apple store.

6. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

serves you right for conforming with society.

7. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

apples customer service is generally pretty good, if you've got proof of purchase they should repair/replace at the apple store.

8. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

go and but the jack input for about a tenner, get 3 plazzie tools for taking the pod apart, fit it, its 2 ribbon connectors, dead easy.

9. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

your shit broke cos of dubstep, aint no warranty in the world gon cover that.

10. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

generally all the apple customer service I've ever had has been very good.

they may try and say the headphone socket was damaged whenever you dropped it, but just keep pushing your cause and they will give you what you want, apple dont like adverse customer satisfaction, my mate works for them and they try and pride themselves upon it, so just keep pushing.

11. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

My house mate bought a screen and they replaced it 3 times for him.

question is why didn't they build a screen that only worked 1 in 4 times? literally, everytime he got it home and there were just dead pixels so he had to get it replaced.... shows you how large their profit margins are if the build quality is that low

12. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I know this is a crazy idea.....but check inside the headphone socket on the iPod, sometimes dust and fluff from pockets etc can accumulate in there, and the headphone jack wont go all the way in. Sounds crazy but I had this happen a few month's ago with my iPhone, exactly the same problems with quiet, or crackly sounds, sometimes no sound at all.

I went out and bought a new set of headphones and the same thing was happening. Just when I was about to give up all hope, I jammed a cocktail stick down the jack hole, gave it a twiddle, and pulled it out with a large amount of substance that resembled belly button fluff. After that, glory has returned to my ears!

13. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

oh yeah, they charge fucking ridiculous amounts for relatively basic hardware. Apple are complete cunts, but they look after their customers.

14. J-Rex

J-Rex soundcloud.com/j-rex

i hope this kind of attitude applies to macbooks as well, mine is about half a year out of warranty and the hard drive is failing :(
    do not want to be paying hundreds of pounds after only a year and half of owning it