Ipod touch???

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by bigdave1992, May 5, 2009.

1. bigdave1992

bigdave1992 Member

Im thinking of buyin an ipod touch...my mates got one and they looking fucking cool!

but are they worth the money :confused:

anyone here with one?

2. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

My brother just got a 16gb 1st generation for £115 off ebay. They look cool, and its fun to play with. iTunes lets it down though, i prefer the simple drag and drop format.

I bought one of these the other day. I saw a guy at work with one and thought it was a bargain really.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-16GB-2-8-Touch-Screen-MP3-MP4-Media-Player-FM-16-G_W0QQitemZ170321058777QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP3_Players?hash=item170321058777&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1309|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Build quality is nice and it doesnt feel too cheap (fuck off ronaldo!) You can get one with a camera too, nut the lack of a flash put me off. Depends what you want though i guess.

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i got one tis the best mp3 player ive had to be honest.
    only thing i dont like is gettin it out to changes tracks an stuff loadsa pikeys round!lol

4. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

yes they are

buy me one too

kthanx

5. Dusty

Dusty Swiss Mountain-Ranger

I have to admit that they're awesome due to the many Apps (I have an iPhone though)..

But iTunes is a bitch. I hate that program. Period.
    So if you prefer a horrifying method of putting music on your Mp3 player to Drag&Drop, I'd buy one. (The apps make up for it.)

6. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

whats so bad about itunes??

i drag my tunes in the list to the ipod. it is drag n drop. simple and done... :confused:

7. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

My bro has one, and it's simply amazing. I highly recommend it.

8. Reference

Reference fair shout.

i'd wait for the next generation, as i'm sure they'll be released in a few months, your gonna definetly need all the gigs you can get with all them apps.

9. D-Tektiv

D-Tektiv Active Member

Yeah, I recommend gettin' one. I got mine as a gift last year. Replacing my old ipod. I have a 32gb ipod touch and I'm hooked on it, as I was the old ipod I had. It works with WiFi thru Safari on the ipod touch, so i don't have to jump on my laptop to check my email, as the ipod touch has a set up to check your emails that you enter into the mail section. Also, you can check out youtube vids on it, it comes standard with an app for that as well.
    Downside to the apps that i get that don't come with it standard, they seem to disappear after I sync my ipod touch. They still show on the touch screen, but when i hit to open it, it opens and closes really quick. They were free apps I grabbed anyway, but it def makes me not want to buy any apps in the apps store if they're more than likely gonna disappear. pz

10. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

What's wrong with Itunes?

I think it's amazing.

11. D-Tektiv

D-Tektiv Active Member

Yeah same as. I know people that use iTunes that don't even have ipod's, etc. They use it to play tunes on their comps or burn cds from..so it's usefull even without ipod's..

12. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

I got a 16GB iPod touch a couple of months back and I love it!

It's made me want an iPhone now though... I like the idea of unlimited data anywhere... being able to stream youtube vids and stuff on the way to work.

I love iTunes as well, I used it long before I ever got my first iPod. I just like the layout and how neat it can be with the play list structure and folders.

13. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Yeh, the layout is perfect. You can tweak the sounds of songs a lot too.

14. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

yeah mate! get one! i love mine! its cracking as an mp3 player and some of the games and apps u can download are great!
    the web browser is pretty sweet on it to!

15. Dusty

Dusty Swiss Mountain-Ranger

I've had Shitloads of Problems with that Program..
    (Ok, may be minor ones, but they annoyed the hell out of me.. ^^)

When I tried to put all the songs of a Band I had into one Folder, it most of the time split them up into several Artists with similiar names, and made me rename them by hand.

It fucked up all my playlists after an update. I had assorted them to fit "several" situations. (I know.. *sob sob bohoo* :) )

iTunes also deletes all your Apps on the iPhone (if you used a Jailbreak) and generally tends to mess with my settings.

and last but not least: Apple for being proprietary douches for not allowing ANY other software to load your Mp3-Player with music. With standart windows/mac drag'n'drop, you create folders, put your files into there, and that's how it will be on the Mp3player.. simple, easy, and not much of a nuisance.

16. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

for all the noobs who think itunes isnt drag and drop

preferences>>ipod>>load songs manually

17. ac

ac I've been naughty, I'm banned

Walkmans FTW :)

18. D-Tektiv

D-Tektiv Active Member

Im on safari on my ipod touch right now postin this. If i didnt have an mp3 player id def have a cd walkman, heh.

19. Ampedup

Ampedup New Member

hey guys 1 of my mates got 1 a few months back at first he was going on and on about how great it was now whenever any1 trys to call him it either wont ring on his end or it might ring once than just die or the screen wont work so he can't pick up the call

20. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I've got a 32GB 2nd Gen touch and its fantastic. I don't use iTunes to transfer my music as its shit that you can't just drag and drop your music straight onto it.

I found an app called Sharepod that will let you drag and drop music just like a normal mp3 player.

http://www.getsharepod.com/

Its quality.