iphone not syncing?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by chanty, Aug 18, 2009.

1. chanty

chanty Active Member

used to b fine but for a while now i havent been able to sync my iphone to get new music on there etc. wen i plug it in to my computer i get a window come up says, "USB device not recognised" i have searched google for a resolution a few little tips but nothing works. some ppl saying about uninstall itunes and get an older version but will this wipe out all my music? fucking annoying me now any1 got any ideas? thanks

2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i think all ur music should be in documents >> my music >> itunes music, deleting itunes and re installing shouldn't delete those files, but dont quote me on that!!!!

id try giving ur iphone a reset (hold down the middle button and the one on the top for a few secs) before plugging it in see if that helps it!

3. chanty

chanty Active Member

cheers for some imput mate, i think rebooting my iphone a couple weeks ago might have started the trouble. i think that its the lead that might b broke, wen i plug the lead in the computer wont recognize it. i go to devices and properties then it says i have to install some hardware, any idea what this hardware is and where i can find it to download?

4. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I use a program called Sharepod to add all of my music to my iPod touch.

http://www.getsharepod.com/

All you have to do is have the iPod registered on the computer. Plug the iPod in then start Sharepod up and you can drag and drop any music that you want onto your iPod.

5. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

6. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

Dangerous things apples... Deadly in some cases.

also sharepod is great.

7. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Type it in google, I had this problem loads of times with my Ipod, you basicly have to reset somethings in the properies of your ipod. Only takes a min or two.

8. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

9. DJrsa

DJrsa Member

it wont be the cable mate as the computer is detecting that there is something connected to the usb port (otherwise u wouldn't get an error msg) i would try re-booting your ipod, alternatively you could try flashing the memory although this in not a recommend fix as you will lose all you contacts and everything else in the memory. It is most likely that its a problem with your ipod.

SEND IT BACK AND GET A REFUND!