ioT - a pack a day ft. dj akademiks.

indian or chinese food?

• indian

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • chinese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hi IOT. marvellous !! totally like your 2 tracks. finally something fresh, outstanding, and unique. dnb mixed with some electro clash, cool! sound quality is also good, could use some more bass freq. and transient shaping, but that is just personal taste. keep up the good work! just connected to you at SC. cheers!

Last edited:
thanks bro i only started making drum and bass 4 days ago so still learning the ropes , i have no idea what transient shaping is but I'm sure ill learn as i go along :)

For 4 days you have a really good head start on making something great.

Personally this is not really my kind of vibe as I'm really into the Soulful side of dnb.

Drums wise I do like the snare kind of reminds me of the same on out of Calibre & ST Files - Falling down. The vocal I'm not really too fond of, I think the best advice I'd say is to find out what kind of sub-genre within dnb you gravitate more towards and start studying the tunes you like religiously. Arrangement, length before the main hook/drop/fills all other things that you will recognise the producers doing and try to recreate those sounds.

You have the basics down now It's more or less creating a vibe for the tune and building around it.

Sorry I could not give great advice because the tune itself is rather lacking overall but as you said if you have been producing the genre for 4 days I think the best thing would be to hit the books and study all the basics.

thanks man , the vocal is from dj akademiks on youtube he basically just commentates on hip hop in america i watch him a lot lol , and i attend jump up dnb raves as dj hazard is my favourite , i appreciate the feed back :)

I'm just happy people outside of my family have heard something that i made on my laptop so I've won already :)

thanks bro i only started making drum and bass 4 days ago so still learning the ropes , i have no idea what transient shaping is but I'm sure ill learn as i go along :)

I agree to JD, sounds pretty nice for a start. go on, will be interesting to hear more of your stuff.
hey .. and regardless how long one's making electronic music .. we are learning every day, still.

Back
Top Bottom