Ion dj decks?

sophsophsoph

I've got an offer to buy some ion decks for very cheap (i am on a ridiculously low budget for everything in life right now) but i don't know if they are a total load of shit or any good for beginners, i've never heard of them before and would like some advice...

Well... i had a look on ION website... and theres no DJ turntables... id be careful if i was you.

My honest opinion. Dont buy them. Whats your budget??

2 questions to ask

does it have pitch control?
are they direct drive ?

if the answer is no to either then your answer to buy should be no also.

for some reason they haven't posted my post with the links. if you search ion plug and play dj kit it will come up, hang on i'll havea loook..

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

and i would be getting this set for £30/£40

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

and they are belt drive with pitch control. the model is ION IDJ03

say no and save up for some decent ones. if u pick up beat matching quickly you will only get fucked off with them. second hand technics or vestax all the way!

hm will have to have a look but just wondering why do you think i would get pissed off with them once i've picked it up?

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

and do you think they would be good to learn on while i save up for better ones?

1 min... let me look for some decks for you... i understand technics/vestax may be out of your range at the mo... so let me have a quick look for you.

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Limit-DJ-..._HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables&hash=item20c1cdf25f <- £30

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUMARK-TT..._HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables&hash=item4ab2a4bc82 <--- this ones actually quite a good deal i reckon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Numa..._HomeAudioHiFi_Turntables&hash=item4600933ed7 <--- same decks.. a little cheaper but no mixer.

To be honest... from what ive just seen on ebay... Numark TT1650 are probably your best bet. Numarks in general are very good for beginers. Its what i learnt on and wouldnt have wanted anything different. The 1650's seem pretty good for the price.

I know its a little bit over your budget but... anything under £50 deck wise... isnt worth it im afraid. My first pair of decks cost me £200 and that was back in 2002 or some shit... and those were Numark TT1520's. If you could find them on ebay... id recommend them. in fact ---> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Numar...270904138275?pt=UK_Mixers&hash=item3f13251a23

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

ps.... A/S/L :teeth: hahaha

hm will have to have a look but just wondering why do you think i would get pissed off with them once i've picked it up?

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

and do you think they would be good to learn on while i save up for better ones?

belt drives just wont be good enough for you once you get good, id reccomend getting cheap direct drives to learn on purely because it will make it alot easier for you. Belt drives just are not the way forward. I suppose if u want something to learn on whilst saving for that price range u wont do any better or worse. i personally would save the money and buy ones u know will fulfill your needs as you pick it up and get better. because u will only have to upgrade anyway

Last edited:
^^ listen to these guys, know their shit.

paid £200 for second hand 1210's and a mixer 3/4 years ago.
do not even bother with belt drive turntables
In the current climate, may even be worth saving even more and bagging CDJ's. Vinyl is so expensive...trust me, i'm still buying it, and even though I love it, burns a hole in my pocket regularly.

1210's or CDJ's IMO. some Vestax decks are good, but they aren't what you would use in a club environment, if you get the opportunity to do that.

I used Stanton T60s for a good year and got to an allright standard on them. In fact, I only really upgraded to Technics cos I started playing in clubs and it was annoying to get used to them during sets, so I'd go with them or something similair. I'm sure you can get a pair for fuck all these days.

^^ not great, but still be shit load better than belt drives. go for it :)

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

ps.. id still save up and go for technics!

haha decisions, decisions, im thinking to buy these to learn on and then save up for the technics, partly because of impatience, and if i want to buy everything else that goes with it if i wait for the technics it will take me even longer to save for it all, if you catch my drift

numark tt100? found them for £50, what does everyone reckon, they're direct drive

yeh seem ok to me for that price.

But i will say.. like everyone else is saying.. to save up. But... everyone says that. The thing is... do you think you will take DJn seriously??

do you think you will be DJn in say... 5 years time?

If you answered "no"... or "i dont know" to any of those two questions... get the TT100's. Use them for a while.... and see if DJn is for you. Sometimes after you have had decks for a while... you will find that you dont actually want to be a DJ afterall.... and if you have just bought £500/600 set of decks then your stuck with them... as they are hard to sell these days.

So yeh... what im trying to say it... if you are 100% that you want to be a DJ and you will take it seriously... then save up and get Vestax or Technics decks..... if your not sure... then get those TT100's first.

^ this

I do understand that technics last forever and will be the only decks you need.. but if someone has literally no experience and dont even know if you would enjoy it? Get some £50 numarks ffs it doesnt even matter...

same with all you people who recommend Xones and DJMs for beginners because its "worth it in the long run".

NOPE.JPEG

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

not ^this to rocksteady being a mod btw :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom