Introspect - New Forms - Working Progress / Dark/Liquid

Introspect

In Amsterdam for the week
Really proud of this one so far guys
put much more effort into this one that any other

and finaly figured out the joys of sidechain compression in cubase!! woo!
helps alot

so yeah, could do with some feedback
i kinda feel the drums start to lack at the drop?
and would like some feedback on the production side please :D

thanks
Introspect

http://soundcloud.com/introspectdnb/introspect-new-forms-working-progress

the beat is hitting all the right frequencys but it sounds over compressed to me.... loving the background sounds... very atmospheric...

personally sounds like 2 seperate tunes, the intro was so uplifting and euphoric but then it dropped to some dirty ting! pretty cool but sounds like 2 different tunes

Cheers for the feedback

About the beat, over compressed? do you mean this during the intro or at the drop? i can see where you your coming from at the drop though, think thats all that needs to change about then it should sound good :D

2 seperate tunes, i can see what your saying here but ive heard this alot in drum and bass, i like it though as it gives an edge the song, later in the tune ill bring in some elements of the intro, hopefully itll help it flow a bit more with the rest.

thanks for the feedback! ill work on it :)

Just as a example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggyr8CIemuk - This tune has the kind of effect i was going for

Last edited:
ah i see what u mean. well the beat sounds nice and clean on the intro.. that whole intro sounds really good actually, but after the drop the beat sounds too weak to carry a bassline... bass was a bit too simple, if you were going for calyx and teebee style bassline then you need to work on ur bass alot ! ;p

intro sounds really nice man but i think u need to fill ur drums out a bit, they sound quite good but maybe get a break in there. also the bass needs some work

I was expecting a full-length song, but thats alright. Quality is nice, piano in the background is a nice touch. Love the tight feeling of the beat, the shakers or whatever they are should be turned up a little. Bass is nicely set, like a cake ready to come out the oven. I'd turn up the piano a little, give it a little more mid or mid-low freq's, other than that man, sounds good. Maybe the cymbals are a little high, but yeah, good.
Keep it up!
Steve

Back
Top Bottom