Intros for mixes that aint tunes...

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
good idea, but ive already heard a jumpup tune with the jurrasic park theme as an intro..... so u could just use that. good idea tho :p

Sicx

VIP Junglist
I used a track from the Half Life 2 soundtrack as one of my intro tunes on my latest mix, check it owttt.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
It's been done mate (same geeza on at tune back in 2000). Maybe try a weather report..oh shit...wait..that's been done as well! Err...

What about one of those deep physics documentaries where they find a scientist who froths at the mouth when talking about string theory?

Controller

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
VIP Junglist
Tried to find a Churchill speech to use as an intro a while back but everything I found sounded shit & grainy as fuck.

I like weird/different intros, gives a mix something a little extra.

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Nuff Reggae Soundsystems have used mad/different intros to sets/special dubs fom day...

The "hay-day" of Jungle too with all those personalised dubs namechecking the DJ's names were heavy too.

Needs to be bought back imo.

Good look :2thumbs:

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
Nuff Reggae Soundsystems have used mad/different intros to sets/special dubs fom day...

The "hay-day" of Jungle too with all those personalised dubs namechecking the DJ's names were heavy too.

Needs to be bought back imo.

Good look :2thumbs:
agree...

i also got a free cd from the mail or something shit like that with 'greatest speeches' on it, inlcuding churchill, martin luther, nixon

simon bassline smith once opened a may (?) bank holiday set with something from the bible (genesis). 'in the beginning, god created...'

later found out that it's just a tune of his.

EDIT

listen to a stream of the mix here: http://www.mixcloud.com/basslinesmith/simon-bassline-smith-may-day-bank-holiday-2009-/
aye, guddun that. reminds me of The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance

In the beginning there was man, and for a time it was good. But humanity's so-called 'civil societies' soon fell victim to vanity and corruption. Then man made the machine in his own likeness. Thus did man become the architect of his own demise...

...think i have hit on a winner there.

ilovelondon

Call me Jens.
VIP Junglist
there's this vocal part in 'my chauffeur' by Dan Habarnam that would make a good intro too.

starts at 4 mins.