Introduction and first track ....

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
Just saying HI and that ill be floating about in here in the comming months since ive recently found a lot of spare time on my hands, so i thought instead of sitting doing SFA playing ps3 all day id take up a bit of production....

Anyway ive done this track and wondered if anyone would like to have a listen and give me some praise lol or at least give me some constructive critisism and guidance.

Id categorize it as liquid with a ZX spectrum loading sound probably.

heres the link

http://soundcloud.com/jawgawn/casio-p

Last edited:
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Will give you feedback as I listen to it.

1. The drums are good, if not a little repetitive, the 1 bar fill probably took too long to come, I was getting a little bored of the repetitive drums. But this is just a opinion, I usually throw in a drum fill after every few bars to keep the drums sounding interesting. Other than that the drums sound solid.

2. Not too sure on the piano.. the tone sounds a little harsh and I think it would sound better if they were softer and more mellow, especially since it's a liquid d&b track, if that makes sense? (this is the piano loop in the first minute i'm talking about)

3. The bassline which kicks in around 1:30 is nice, but I would probably say that section is a little too long before anything changes up, and again, I felt myself getting a little bored at the sound.

Overall I would say to cut down the tracks length, since there aren't too many changes of sound, if you get me..

Hope this helps. Good first track! (suppose I should upload mine soon.. I'm new to production too)

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the welcome and feedback

1. I agree with you it does take ages huh and they dont change much im not using loops for the drums so im finding it difficult to make them more intresting ill keep at it though.

2. i think because the baseline is quite harsh sounding i was trying make the piano a little edgy but to be honest i may use different sample completly as im not sure about piano myself

3. yeah your right good sound but was finding it difficult to add anything to it that fitted ill persevere with that mate

definatly going to shorten some parts and try something new with piano section drums ill work on

get yours up i look forward to hearing it

Back
Top Bottom