Introduce new drum pattern?

hi filtronstacks, interesting tune but sounds still too dull as of yet. instead of thinking about drum arrangement you need to think about sound quality. try to EQing, maximiser, and transient master to improve in loudness of the mix .. just my 2 cents worth ..

Any feedback on production or arrangement is much appreciated. Also, should I use the new drum pattern introduced at 1:55 on every bar in the following 8 or just every 4th?

Cheers
IMO its hard to say what exactly what you should do with the drums, but they do need switching

Just try switching up, save it, them try and diferent pattern. Just play around, its loads of fun and sick when you got a nice varied drum pattern. Introduce a cowbell or something aswell can often help i find.

Hope that helps

Yes!
The kick and snare sound good. Accent your track with a break. Find a break you like and run it through a gate. Make the break sharp or splashy to taste, but get the break in the mix. I would also high pass the break so the kick and snare don't really cut through the mix. It may be wise to pitch the break to the right key. Just a suggestion to try, every eight bars switch up the break a little bit, and every thirty-one bars switch the break up so it builds up tension going into the thirty-third.
Also,
Find a good reece sample and low pass it to about 100hz. Set it's fundamental note pretty low, as close as it can get to above 30ish hz. Then blend that bass into the bass you have by moving the low pass filter up and down on the reece, and by placing a high pass filter around 100hz on your current bass, and moving up and down so that the two of them sound like one bass. Post results then contact me here. I think this should give you a warmer more promenade bass without really changing your track.

Back
Top Bottom