Intro.... RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
I've been here for a fair bit, but i dont ever remember introducing myself..... So im just going to cut and paste a few little bits from a magazine article. Sorry if they dont make sense but im just grabing random bits!!! hahahaha.

RocksteadyUK started out his career almost a decade ago after finding his inspiration from the Bad Company Classic "The Pulse".

"That tune just killed it for me!! To this day I still dont think theres a track out there with such a rememberable bassline. Absolutly loved it!" Rocksteady then begins his rendition of The Pulse.
RocksteadyUK's career began as an MC under the name of Rapta. Who after playing on various Pirate stations around London began croping up in up'n'coming rooms around the country. With bookings coming in from Innovation, Corrosion, Warriors Of The Dance and many more, RocksteadyUK's popularity started to grow.

In 2002 RocksteadyUK once and for all put down his mic and turned his attention to the turntables. An already keen producer this next step seemed only too natural for RocksteadyUK.

"In about 2001 or 2002 I began losing my focus as an MC and didnt really like the way the MC'n scene was heading. I wanted to be apart of the scene and do my bit to bring it forward. At the time I felt I couldnt do this as an MC alone. I was already starting to play around on decks and producing my own tracks anyway. I wanted to change something and make a difference in Drum and Bass. The initial decision to turn to being a full time DJ was very hard. After being booked at some major raves and playing on stations as an MC its hard to get people to actually take you serious when you say your a DJ now".

It wasnt long before RocksteadyUK had started to make his mark as a DJ.
He was given a set on the infamous 102.7 2Gfm, now known as Select 89.3fm. Initially playing 12-2am every Saturday from then he was quickly moved to a prime time slot after just 4 weeks. He remained on 2Gfm for many years untill in 2004 the station was shut down by DTi.
Station owners were soon trying to snap up RocksteadyUK and was offered a set on the award winning www.ukrumble.com.

RocksteadyUK is a prominant figure in the London squat party scene. This goes without saying when he has arguably Londons best squat party rig behind him. Random Sounds.
RocksteadyUK's following in the underground rave scene is second to none and often finds himself in high demand among the Londons underground promoters.

"Random Sounds have been a major help to me over the years. The crowds at their events are wicked. Everytime I play at one of their events its a proper wicked night. Ive had the chance to play alongside some of Londons best up and coming artists as well as some of the top of list guys. People like MC Blacka, Herbzie, Red One, Knowledge and Wisdom, Demolition Man, Fatman D you name it. The squat party scene has calmed down alot over the past year or two though. Not quite as many on as there used to be".

The last two years have seen RocksteadyUK's popularity grow further. Moving into the more commercial and public rave scene.

RocksteadyUK now runs a very succesfull promotions group. SF Promotions and is currently working on his new project. TMD Promotions. Which is aimed at promoting young and new talent from around London and the UK.

"Im setting up TMD Promotions to help people who were like me. All I ever wanted when I was just starting out was someone to give me a push in the right direction. I learnt the hard way".

In 2007 RocksteadyUK and his collective. The Mutant DJs. Were signed to the infamous QC Agency. One of the fastest growing agencies in Drum'n'Bass. The name "QC" is being talked about by all the top names in the industry and the agency now boasts to having UKs best up and coming talent.

"I joined QC about a year ago. Love working with them. Us (The Mutant DJs) were signed by them when they happened to be at a radio show of ours at UKRUMBLE, I remember finishing the set, proper sweated out and this guy approaching us asking if we had an agency. Next thing we knew we was sitting in a office in soho signing a agency deal"
Rocksteady puts on a little smile.

RocksteadyUK is also now a resident on www.aftershockradio.com Tuesday 8-10pm as well as www.nakedbeatz.com every Monday 8-10pm and every Saturday 2-4pm.

Hope you enjoyed the read... a little insight of my history.

Last edited:
You got any sets with you mc'ing or anythign rocksteady?

yeh... but those were the days of tape recorders... hahaha.. you might find a few around from tape packs...... but not quite sure where you would find them now..... tell them to delete it!! hahahaha.

ill have a look around at home and post some up if ya want. would be quite interesting to hear them again!!

yeh... but those were the days of tape recorders... hahaha.. you might find a few around from tape packs...... but not quite sure where you would find them now..... tell them to delete it!! hahahaha.

ill have a look around at home and post some up if ya want. would be quite interesting to hear them again!!

Welcome:respekt:

Yeah if you ever get a chance ill listen. Like hearing different mc's so it would be a bit of a change!

Thats interesting m8 just thought u were small time lol funny shizzle iv been conversing with a star!

that told me!

haha

Back
Top Bottom