Intimidation Touch or M Audio Torq?

shynes13

koool evry1,
i need a digital vinyl system, as vinyl is becoming really expensive, and im startin to get a few exclusives here and there on mp3 and i cant afford pioneer cd decks atm (der tha onli 1s i wud really bother gettin), so i wos wonderin, which is better, the intimidation touch or the torq system, what are the differences?? They both look similar to me lol I noticed that the intimidation has a record function, dus torq have this (it wud be useful lol) I would really appreciate it if sum1 cud give me sum advice asap, as i need to order 1 soon .
thanks alot,
shynes :)

do u have windows xp service pack 3? if so, then i'd say torq, as i currently have it (v. 1.5.1)

before it used to give me trouble tho, but its more stable now since the new ver. came out, and the elastique transient time stretching capabilities are great, and the sound quality is a solid "good" for me. my only gripes is that torq does not support 45 rpm and to use it, you always have to have the conectiv dongle attached (but i dont think you'll mind that as u'll need it to be using it w/ control vinyls anyway right?). you have to buy special ms. pinky vinyls in order to use 45 rpm w/ torq. while i believe touch already has 45 rpm support yeah?

and yes, torq does record your mixes. btw, i use torq w/o the control vinyls (as i stuck to dj dnb w/ vinyls); just a nanokontrol or my axiom25 to record reggaeton mixes for a station.

yhh im usin windows vista right now, and yes i will be using it with control vinyls. Ive heard that you cant record mixes on Torq when using the control vinyls thought, is this true, if so, can u record on Touch hen using the vinyls?? Its quite important i get a system that i can record with. If i got the Torq system and used it with Deckadance would that meen ican record sets???
Sorry for all the questions but i really want to make the right decision, and fast lol.
Thanks,
shynes :):):)

yhh im usin windows vista right now, and yes i will be using it with control vinyls. Ive heard that you cant record mixes on Torq when using the control vinyls thought, is this true, if so, can u record on Touch hen using the vinyls?? Its quite important i get a system that i can record with. If i got the Torq system and used it with Deckadance would that meen ican record sets???
Sorry for all the questions but i really want to make the right decision, and fast lol.
Thanks,
shynes :):):)

ok, nvm torq wont work for you. and to be honest touch looks like crap (usb 1.1?!?!). also, pretty much all dj software doesnt allow u to record whatever is coming out of the "external mixer" w/o buying extra crap (meaning extra i/o), but in traktor scratch you can send your mixer's output into an unused input on scratch's interface cuz scratch's interface has extra i/o which is why it can support 4 decks. and scratch isnt that much more expensive than torq is it (maybe by a hundred, ek?)? but yeah dont pick serato, i think thats overpriced!

Last edited:
I haven't been listening, I was reading ;)

Allow me to explain.

The new serato allows you to record mixes with one of it's unused ports also.

Serato have also gone into partnership with ableton so expect exciting things to be coming out of that camp.

I haven't used traktor scratch so I don't know what nifty features you can cook up on it.

I use serato for beatjuggling, scratching and the like and it's never done me wrong.

Hope this helps a bit.

Back
Top Bottom