Interview with UKF founder.

Other names that spring to mind, who I’m listening to a lot of at the moment, are KOAN Sound, Knife Party, Netsky, Sub Focus (the new single is incredible), Monstar, Rollz, Fred V & Grafix, Ayah Marar, Dimension

Typical UKF fanboy

The problem with UKF is that they only support what they like. It's still very subjective. UKF isn't a tool that represents the scene.

The problem with UKF is that they only support what they like. It's still very subjective. UKF isn't a tool that represents the scene.

That's how music promoters should be! Do I like this? Yes, then I'll support it. Rather than oh this is doing well lets put our name to it.

So many haters. Fair play to him, he built a channel and a career out of supporting music he likes and doesn't profess to being anything more than that from what I can tell.

So many haters. Fair play to him, he built a channel and a career out of supporting music he likes and doesn't profess to being anything more than that from what I can tell.

Well put.
Most of us on here might not like their output. However if you like the idea of the scene growing and more people getting into the more serious stuff, it's great for getting new people interested.

Couldn't of put it better myself!

He's not trying to represent the scene, he just set up a channel for people to listen to tunes!! Now it's massive. Fair play to the lad, earning money from doing something he loves.

Bet he earns some serious cash. Be interesting to find out how he gets paid. Is all the revenue from youtube adverts, nights, and cds etc. do you reckon???

That's how music promoters should be! Do I like this? Yes, then I'll support it. Rather than oh this is doing well lets put our name to it.

All I'm saying is that they should support more styles and different stuff (obviously they still need to stand behind it). I'm not dissing Luke by no means. UKF has gone into something much bigger than "just a youtube channel" IMO. It's silly if you think how powerful this guy is o_O

Lucky guy. Could've got his channel shut down for infringing copyright but instead labels saw an opportunity to advertise and he can now live from that. I guess it was a win-win, can't deny that his channel has a big impact on the scene now, it probably is the best place to advertise new tunes now.

Didnt read. Not interested. Channels ok but not that great partly to do with them not posting any jump up. There still isnt a drum and bass channel that caters for all aspects of dnb and when there is i might change my opinion

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/09/26/luke-hood-ukfs-owner-speaks-for-the-very-first-time/

You can cus the output all you want but my hats most certainly off to this chap!

Considering the fact that Luke was the reason that Pinque didnt win the Chase & Status "Time" competition last year, fuck that guy. Chase & Status literally wanted it, yet he didn't want to pay the flight.

It's not just the youtube channel folks, apparently Luke is that way in real life as well.

It was a competition for Chase & Status but it was put on by UKF, therefore Luke had the final say so. He legitimately did not win, because he wasn't from the UK. Absolute nonsense.

yeah he done well, skankandbass' channel has done well too hasn't it...?!?! obv not on this scale, but still got a fair amount of hits

Yeah. Hats off to Luke. He has posted music he likes since the start. Hasn't changed that as his channel grew. Why should he

I've met Luke a few times. Sound lad... Not into the some of the stuff UKF posts at times and some of their viewership if the comments are anything to go by are fucking idiots. But, he's put the work in so fair play to him.

Don't like what he posts or feel he neglects a certain aspect of the scene? Here's an idea: instead of fucking moaning about it, start up your own and stop being a bitter hater.

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom