Internet site for samples any1 know any?

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi guys, I been messing about with fruity loops for few months now, i wanna put some samples in track. How do i found samples? Are there any internet sites? I was after film samples. For example Machete - Hazard or Kung Foo, how do i go about geting them samples? I'm newbie to world of production so sorry if this is stupid question. Cheers for any help guys :)

Yea it wont be a problem if your just having a mess about, places only usualy get arsey when you start making money from it, I'm not sure on using film samples though I'm pretty sure its different to sampling music

this is pretty decent, but you'll have to record the audio yourself, don't think you can download from there

right click on the clip - save target as - save, sorted!
pretty cool site!

When watching any film pay special attention to the sound, there may be a hit or simple someone slamming the door which you may like

for films, best bet is to download an avi torrent of a film, open the avi in something like cool edit and rip it directly. dvd quality, almost.

I use Windows movie maker to take samples from movies ive got on my computer, its very easy, but they are exported to wma which aint a problem with free converters, if anyone doesnt know how to do this just ask n i'll write a step by step, all 3 of them.

Hi guys, I been messing about with fruity loops for few months now, i wanna put some samples in track. How do i found samples? Are there any internet sites? I was after film samples. For example Machete - Hazard or Kung Foo, how do i go about geting them samples? I'm newbie to world of production so sorry if this is stupid question. Cheers for any help guys :)

the best and easiest thing to do is sample directly from the DVD player using your sound card and into a bit of audio recording software, this way you have complete control on the length and depth of the sampled sound. avoid these film sample websites mate, its likely they been used by everyone before and may not be ideal quality wise. as sam dnb man said, pay attention to films when you watch, make a little note of the time in the film on paper and go back to that point(s) later and rip it.

sampling is about being original above all else and your not gonna be anywhere near original by using pre made fim samples. also, dont stop there - you can sample documentorys, cartoons, computer games, even knocking household objects with different implements through a mic in the same way gets good results. once you have these cut up in the sequencer or fruity or whatever your using apply the effects ect and the possibilitys are endless

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom