Interesting approach at sampling.

horace111

My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)
I saw this on the dnbarena youtube channel and found it to be pretty interesting. The guy turns a cat sample in to a fat bassline while explaining his sampling techniques.
Got me wanting to sample and experiment a bit with sound & effects.

I hope this is also interesting for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got three new tracks under wraps at the minute that have all used sampling, and granular synthesis. And the sampling has been done very unorthadox, they arent samples that are recognisable. I've turned a kick drum sample, into a morphing granular soundscape.......and a vocal sample into a tearing, growling, thunderous almost sickening noise.....

Needless to say, they are under wraps because all three tracks far surpass anything I have ever created before, and will be released to the public in due course......along with a little surprise.

I've never really been into sampling inside the drum and bass genre, I only sampled my own guitar but those samples were hardly modified. I have been sampling in hip hop though, but I never released any of those tracks. Anyway, I think it's new way to explore, and I'm looking forward to do so. Looking forward to your tracks too, sounds like you did some interesting experiments :D

Not so much experiments, I actually knew what I was doing for once lol!

I've spent a good month or so now reading up on granular synthesis and sampling, researched the whole thing quite deeply if I'm honest, and it's opened my eyes to a whole new world.

Only thing that may dissappoint you lot here is that not one of the tracks I've got under wraps is drum and bass, I'm going down a more abstract electronic route, think Amon Tobin / Aphex Twin / SquarePusher etc

Only thing that may dissappoint you lot here is that not one of the tracks I've got under wraps is drum and bass, I'm going down a more abstract electronic route, think Amon Tobin / Aphex Twin / SquarePusher etc

yeah, i hate abstract music esp by those guys :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Back
Top Bottom