Interest free laptops

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Yorkshire Tony, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

Anyone know whwere i can order a laptop on a 'buy now pay later deal'?

suggestions for laptops anywhere? biudget of about £500.... i dont really need it for gaming or producking etc etc... just general browsing, streaming of radio and srtorage of music

2. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Currys is quite decent atm mate, interest free for a year.

Got loads of deals on various models/set-ups etc.

After i've paid off my T.V & Sofa, this will be my next purchase.

3. Yorkshire Tony

Nice one Moskit, cheers dude......

Would ideally buy one up front, but the £4.87 i have in the bank after going to theDam twice in a month wont get me anythign decent!

4. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Go in there with a small bit of cash, cos if your doing the finance option then you need to pay about 10% of the final price I think. That's what I paid when we had to get our new studio pc on finance.

5. Yorkshire Tony

Cheers dude, yeah think most places do the 10% thing....

6. $marty

Make sure you got some ID and take some bank statements/bills etc :2thumbs:

7. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

PC World had somme decent stuff. Went with some girl Saturday as she wanted to buy one, and even with windows 7 they were quite cheap.

And interest free for a year too.

8. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

smarts ..

im looking to get a comp on finance .. everyone ive looked at tho you end up paying about twice as much for it tho..

where did you get yours from ? .. and did you end up paying £750 for a £500 quid comp ..

is this the only way.. as i said . im new to the whole finance thing. if i did get a comp on finance is there anyway you can just pay it off in installments and not end up paying silly amounts over the original price.. like a 0% APR for the whole duration till its paid off ..

or is this wishful thinking ..

9. $marty

Ez mate.
    We got an ex-display model for £430 from PC World. It was around £700 brand new. 6gb of RAM and 640gb of hard drive. The only thing was it didn't come with a monitor.
    We did a "buy now pay in six months option" with 0% interest. You have the six months in which to pay it off. You can pay it off earlier if you gain the cash before the time is up, but you have to pay an administration fee of £25 as we paid it off early. So all in all, the extra cost wasnt too much to worry about.
    If you don't have the money by that time, then the interest rate goes up, and they will also give you the option to make monthly payments if you go over the final date.
    Make sure you have a good credit rating before you go and apply aswell.

10. EWOKS

thanks.

i like this idea.. thats what i was hoping see.

i want to get a £500.00 comp , with 0% interest for a year.

pay off £50.00 a month, then in 10 months before my year is up ill have paid it off ... so i could get this sort of deal with pc world or something then right ?? ...

also.. major thing here ...

any tips on how to make my credit rating better.. ive been refused a couple things.. just coz i fucked up on a credit card when i was 18 and never paid it off for a couple years.

11. $marty

Not sure if they do a years worth of interest free finance. It was only 6 months when we got ours. That could have changed by now, but im not too sure. Just head down to your local store and check out some of the options they have.

With the whole credit rating thing, I dont know what you can do to make it better. You may get refused mate, so just be prepared if they can't allow you to do a finance deal.

12. EWOKS

ok thanks ,

just been on moneysavingexpert ..

that martin geezer knows his shit.. hes the bloke who raised public awareness about the possibilities of claiming bank charges back.. i rekon the banks must have a contract out on him .. surely some snipers setting up outside his house or sumthin .. the bloke just teaches people how to fuck the system over and claim back whats rightfully yours.. i got bout 700 from watching him on gmtv .. bloke knows his shit ..

anyway ,

thanks mate ill try .. on his site he put some will refuse and some wont, depends on what their looking for , some can detect student loans and things others cant.. i signed up to uni , did a couple months .. stopped going , but kept getting my student loans .. so my credit rating may not look to good if they see that.

anyway, ill give it a go .. ive been earning pretty well untill recently, dont own any store cards, credit cards or anything so i may be lucky.

13. $marty

If it all goes tits up, just start a savings fund mate :2thumbs:

14. EWOKS

me ... save up ... nahhh... thats the problem. and if i save 50 quid a month its gunna be October till ive got my comp..

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

15. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

dont mean to hijack the thread, but anyone got any decks/ mixers on finance before? if so where and what interest?

16. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Ethix, go to Equifax.com. I think they either do a free or really cheap credit report, it will show you if you have any defaults or bad shit on your credit rating.

You credit rating is only held for 7 years from the date that the account was closed. So it's been about 6 years already... wont be long till it comes off.

Also, I would recommend getting a low limit credit card from Capital One (they will give almost anyone a card and start you off with a £250 limit)
    Then spend a small amount on it each month and pay it straight back... this will boost your credit rating over time.

The only other thing I can think of it make sure you are on the electoral roll at your current address (you more than likely will be) but if your not it can have a negative effect on your credit.

17. $marty

http://djfinance.com/ check this place out mate. Should have all the info you need.