Intelligent DnB Compo August 2018 Official Thread

There is an amen in there so sorted! :2thumbs:

Trying to work out what chords some of the samples are is a challenge to avoid clashes

I do understand that complicates things, im actually wanting to move into building these packs and putting them up for sale so the feedback is good here. Trouble is chords can come from different sources. I found the Rhodes for example in a youtube video demoing rebuilt Pianos. Im not sure theres a way to find out the key? Still the Pads/Bass/Raw are mostly C since i did a lot of them myself.

I do understand that complicates things, im actually wanting to move into building these packs and putting them up for sale so the feedback is good here.

I wasn't having a dig btw I am grateful for you putting this together and there is a nice splashy open hat on one of the other breaks.

For feedback on building sample packs I think the musical sounds you've put together work together which is a good thing. Some of the files have long periods of silence at the end which you could tidy up. Maybe you could add rex markers to the breaks because these also work in FL studio Edison but I guess chopping drums is half the fun. There are hundreds of sample packs with drums in though so I wouldnt bother including them unless you were including a demo track.

The vocal FX you have put together are v usable and these sort of one shots are really useful even if just to put over 8 bars while you are working on it to see what the drums/bassline sounds like with stuff on the top and then replace them later. I would buy a sample pack full of these because of how useful they are and they are also multi genre/bpm. If you use delay FX on the one shots maybe you could do several versions at different tempo so you can keep the original sound rather than pitching. You could also include a dry version of the vocal so people can get inspired by the FX you have done and maybe make their own variations.

The raw waveforms you included are very useful for editing and putting in a sampler and a few different shaped waves in a sample pack would be good. 16 bar atmospheric loops with risers and bits like that would be good too. Again these are helpful when first starting a song. If you put riffs that you have made in, a one shot of the note is useful because sometimes they can't be chopped up cleanly if they're is delay on them.

I do understand that complicates things, im actually wanting to move into building these packs and putting them up for sale so the feedback is good here. Trouble is chords can come from different sources. I found the Rhodes for example in a youtube video demoing rebuilt Pianos. Im not sure theres a way to find out the key? Still the Pads/Bass/Raw are mostly C since i did a lot of them myself.
I'm not having a dig either. The problem with chord samples (or maybe its just me) is that they can sound good in isolation but it can be difficult trying to get them to work together in a tune. I have to admit I like to have an idea what key/chord a sample is so I can decide if its going to fit in rather than just throwing together samples and playing around.

Obviously for a commercial pack you'd have to throw in a load more samples and label them with tempo and key info

i have a vst called Gtune that can identify the key of an audio sound

gtune_ui.png

I wasn't having a dig btw I am grateful for you putting this together and there is a nice splashy open hat on one of the other breaks.

For feedback on building sample packs I think the musical sounds you've put together work together which is a good thing. Some of the files have long periods of silence at the end which you could tidy up. Maybe you could add rex markers to the breaks because these also work in FL studio Edison but I guess chopping drums is half the fun. There are hundreds of sample packs with drums in though so I wouldnt bother including them unless you were including a demo track.

The vocal FX you have put together are v usable and these sort of one shots are really useful even if just to put over 8 bars while you are working on it to see what the drums/bassline sounds like with stuff on the top and then replace them later. I would buy a sample pack full of these because of how useful they are and they are also multi genre/bpm. If you use delay FX on the one shots maybe you could do several versions at different tempo so you can keep the original sound rather than pitching. You could also include a dry version of the vocal so people can get inspired by the FX you have done and maybe make their own variations.

The raw waveforms you included are very useful for editing and putting in a sampler and a few different shaped waves in a sample pack would be good. 16 bar atmospheric loops with risers and bits like that would be good too. Again these are helpful when first starting a song. If you put riffs that you have made in, a one shot of the note is useful because sometimes they can't be chopped up cleanly if they're is delay on them.

I dont have Recycle but i still use reason think you can do it in there. good idea! I have been thinking about including say 5 demo tracks and putting a fair few stems in there. I seen it done before aimed at people who mix in Ableton and since im building a set i could add this as a selling point.

Good thinking on the giving people dry versions. The vocals in here were nicked from other packs albeit but i have studio access so could look into that as well.

Lost touch with making Atmos of late, again this was taken from a pack. Still thats good feedback and plenty suggestions for me to go on and consider, cheers!

I'm not having a dig either. The problem with chord samples (or maybe its just me) is that they can sound good in isolation but it can be difficult trying to get them to work together in a tune. I have to admit I like to have an idea what key/chord a sample is so I can decide if its going to fit in rather than just throwing together samples and playing around.

Obviously for a commercial pack you'd have to throw in a load more samples and label them with tempo and key info

Ive noticed a Rhode im using in this is drowned out when i have the pad playing at same time, doesnt sound off just cant hear it. EQ doesnt seem to help much either so id agree theres issues there and possibly something im missing as well. So for commercial it seems ripping Rhodes wont work since i cant identify the chord/key, oh well. Oh wait DOT has some info for me ahah.

G Tune is a good shout, some of these Rhodes it seems to be giving the note info and since ive been learning to play soemwhat i can find it easier to find the chord from that info. N1 sir!

i find the Pack got some Great sounds in it. The chord Sounds make it tricky sometimes but thats Part of the Challenge i guess. I Finished my Tune Last monday. Now i want to do some Vocals Next Week. :) Lets Hope the idea is Not to shitty.

Damn people are going in! Gonna have to start resampling n reworking. Got a drop n intro sorted, jus gotta get my flow on lock. Also got a female vocalist, gonna see if she can get something to match the track. This is shaping up to be a proper compo!

Damn people are going in! Gonna have to start resampling n reworking. Got a drop n intro sorted, jus gotta get my flow on lock. Also got a female vocalist, gonna see if she can get something to match the track. This is shaping up to be a proper compo!

Absolutely is, buddy. You have a real vocalist lined up!? This is going to be mad, plus there are more guys with intent to record vocals in this thread, could be we get some really quality tunes.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, its early days yet.

Back
Top Bottom