Intelligent DnB Compo August 2018 Official Thread

Nice one for putting up these prizes! And cheers for having a go at the samples!!

Yeah nice one BHK - very generous. Some 'official' remix competitions have much shittier prizes. Have you seen that the Pendulum one on Splice has a phonecall with a label exec as a prize. How strange.

Your track reminded me of Pharoah by The Upbeats and Ivy Lab except not as good. No offence. The bass also sounds a bit like Phat Planet by Leftfield. I think I will have your stems and see if I can sample the kick for later use.

I'm grabbing the odd half hour here and there to try and work on my track. I was planning on using the amen as my main drums but struggling to get it to sound how I want. I think some more research on techniques and comparison to good amens is required.

Very reminiscent of the techy sound going on in the late 90s. Bass line is defo a cut above and liking the foley hit layer as the snare. I dont remember putting elephants samples in there either, so expertly done on your sound design in general. If you didn't do it for a living id secretly be thinking CHEAAT!!! ahah. Real cool work though man, very impressive.

Nice one for putting up these prizes! And cheers for having a go at the samples!!

It was just a factory preset of a tape echo effect that spawned the elephant from pad 03, actually just an accident, but has met my taste.

Glad you like the track. :)

Yeah nice one BHK - very generous. Some 'official' remix competitions have much shittier prizes. Have you seen that the Pendulum one on Splice has a phonecall with a label exec as a prize. How strange.

Your track reminded me of Pharoah by The Upbeats and Ivy Lab except not as good. No offence. The bass also sounds a bit like Phat Planet by Leftfield. I think I will have your stems and see if I can sample the kick for later use.

If you miss it, as the link expires soon, it's just kick 02 layered with the kick of drum loop 02 on top.

Bad news. My track isn't anywhere close to finished and I'm leaving for Scotland tomorrow for a work event all week where I'll have no time to work any more. Maybe a chance I get something finished next Saturday when I get back. Is the deadline 12AM GMT on the 30th or 12AM GMT on the 1st or ???

Bad news. My track isn't anywhere close to finished and I'm leaving for Scotland tomorrow for a work event all week where I'll have no time to work any more. Maybe a chance I get something finished next Saturday when I get back. Is the deadline 12AM GMT on the 30th or 12AM GMT on the 1st or ???

Well see what we can do buddy, pm coming up

Cancel all plans next weekend. Wake up early, stay up late. Studio time for the win (y)(y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom