Intelligent DnB Compo August 2018 Official Thread

East Coast Standard time? Greenwich mean time? Kiwi Time? What time man? And what about the leap year.

Haha can you shut up Ivan you flipping idiot. That made me laugh :lol:

KLT - Karl Logikz Time.

You know it buddy, it's like hammer time but more worse. I too pause and do that weirdo mc hammer dance and and yell HOOOOOOOOOOE but then I slap orphans and say misogynistic stuff. It's a disgrace.

I have also produced something with the samples, I kept it simple. :)

It's not intelligent dnb, but it's damn fine, a techno-y banger. It's a quite original sound, isn't it, its actually really good. And this is only the compo sample pack? Love what you have done with the bass, it's a very foreign strategy for dnb. Or maybe I just haven't heard it much yet, lol, hard to say.

Can I put this out front with Steves dummy track? In OP? Would be awesome to have a BHK track! Means we are official as fuuuuuck with our compo. Can't tell you how much we appreciate your support!

Dont post it!!!!! Enter it into the compo!!!!

It's not intelligent, but I'd really like to put it up front with your dummy track, if you don't mind? Wait, you're not Steve @SteveR94

Last edited:
Ahhh fuck. I think I slacked too much and there’s not enough time for me to pull something out. But still, I wanna judge this shit. Bringing the hammer upon the infidels!

It's not intelligent, but I'd really like to put it up front with your dummy track, if you don't mind? Wait, you're not Steve @SteveR94

Just saw this sorry, yeah 2 dummy tracks wouldn't go amiss, especially when ours are so diverse, shows the extent you can go to on the pack.

Ahhh fuck. I think I slacked too much and there’s not enough time for me to pull something out. But still, I wanna judge this shit. Bringing the hammer upon the infidels!

HELL YEAH LIZ. ALL DAY.

Just saw this sorry, yeah 2 dummy tracks wouldn't go amiss, especially when ours are so diverse, shows the extent you can go to on the pack.

My sentiments exactly big man, let's do this. Just have to get bhks approval.

@logikz & @IV4 this track was not meant to be a submission, just wanted to show my result with the comp samples. I was just guided by the sounds and had no goal.

@logikz Here is a download link with the mastered version and the stems for those who want to have a look at the composition. Such spinning basslines have been around before in d'n'b music, check out "The Original Doctor Shade EP" by Optical & Ed Rush, especially the track Puerto Rico.

https://we.tl/t-fpQ8VAXzYM

@SteveR94 Yeah the bassline, I had another before, but my neighbour, the old casanova in our street, didn't liked it, all the time just a bassy hmmmm... hmmmmm.. hmmmm It drove him crazy two floors above me... :)

@logikz & @IV4 this track was not meant to be a submission, just wanted to show my result with the comp samples. I was just guided by the sounds and had no goal.

@logikz Here is a download link with the mastered version and the stems for those who want to have a look at the composition. Such spinning basslines have been around before in d'n'b music, check out "The Original Doctor Shade EP" by Optical & Ed Rush, especially the track Puerto Rico.

@SteveR94 Yeah the bassline, I had another before, but my neighbour, the old casanova in our street, didn't liked it, all the time just a bassy hmmmm... hmmmmm.. hmmmm It drove him crazy two floors above me... :)

Magnificent, I'll put it out front, it's going to be a fantastic inspiration for contestants. Actually stems are gold in general, if I could get my hands on stems all those years ago it wouldve saved me sooo much sweat and tears. Or is it tears and sweat, I never get the order right.

Very reminiscent of the techy sound going on in the late 90s. Bass line is defo a cut above and liking the foley hit layer as the snare. I dont remember putting elephants samples in there either, so expertly done on your sound design in general. If you didn't do it for a living id secretly be thinking CHEAAT!!! ahah. Real cool work though man, very impressive.

Nice one for putting up these prizes! And cheers for having a go at the samples!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom