insuring records?

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
some or most of you have prob got crate loads of records which are now worth quite a few £££'s
think i'd spaz out if i was to loose them.

anyone thought about insuring them?

who can you do this with? any normal insurance company?

whats it cost to do?

thought opinions ...............
cheers

the contenets insurance is sod all on the current policy! also im renting off someone so i cant get them to change their cover really! i'll check out that link! cheers man!

sorry to call BS... but you can insure anything, it's down to finding someone who will! I'm sure if you found an independant underwriter/insurer (most towns will have at least on) I'm sure they would do it!

sorry to call BS... but you can insure anything, it's down to finding someone who will! I'm sure if you found an independant underwriter/insurer (most towns will have at least on) I'm sure they would do it!

:word:

if you even can insure your fat white ass, you surely can insure records.

Yea you can insure ur records, mine are on my contents cover it was the first thing i checked as they would be much much harder to replace then my equipment :)

pretty sure you can insure them. you have to include a list of all your collection (made easier by discogs - you can download in excell format) and keep it updated every week and send it over to whoever you've insured it with.
almost certain trademarks got something like this going on.

no one will insure your records mate,

im sure u cant do this

Yeah completely not true. Just enquire around with a few places, anything of any value can be insured, the problem you will have is how much the insurance comp will value them.

Its a bit of a gray area because it all depends on what someone will pay, might be worth £100 to you, but a fiver to someone else... Chances are they'd only insure them for how much you bought it for new. I dunno man but you can try.... Deffo can insure them for something tho (y)

I work for Abbey as some of you may know... and yes you can insure your records... indirectly...

Peace Of Mind Home Contents Insurance covers them. To a unlimited amount. Also will cover you for £1000 worth outside of your house... ie... if your playing out.

Only thing is.... you need either a picture of every vinyl or reciepts for them..

I have this and is very good. Made a claim about 2 years ago when some cunt knicked about 20 records... they put the cash into my account at full price. so if i paid £6 for a record they put that amount in.... which is good... cause i just got them all back off ebay for half the price.

Im pretty sure that when I tried to put my records on my house content insurance, they told me where to stick it.

So how do you insure records? What if you have an ever growing collection, does this mean that everytime you get new vinyl, you've got to call up the insurance company and let them know that your policy just got that little bit bigger?

It just don't make sense!

I had home n contents insurance with barclays and i had what was called "special colectors insurance" i think. my records were insured for like 10k. no lie.

just cause we use vinyl, it dont make a difference to some one elses stamp collection or old school jazz vinyl!

Back
Top Bottom