Inspire me please

joncarr

So this pretty much sucks....lol

Ive got plenty of small clips I have made but it seems that I make a beat, then a bassline, then I start something else. This isn't going to work if I ever plan on putting out a complete track. I use reason 4 and would like a kick in the pants by some of the members. Maybe something you can tell me that helps keep your creative self get inline? Please help, it's quite frustrating when you have bunches of 8-16 second clips and no track to show for it.

anyone can hit me up on MSN as well.

brotherdaryl@msn.com

Goto a rave.
Hearing the music on a big system will make you want to complete your music so that you can eventually get djs playing your tunes out.

Going to a rave affects me for about a week after or maybe longer.
I tend to stay in and just mix or produce all day.

Take a break for a few days, I do and then come back and it helps a lot. Maybe listen to some different genres or just sit back and enjoy some sets for a couple of days to get some ideas.

Try listening to some of your favourate tunes,
Taking some of the best parts of them
And re example it on the DAW your using!
I tend to slam things into combinators
And save the patch for a tune 3 months down the line
Check out a guy on youtube called Hydlide24
His tutorials on reason are bangin' =P
I did one a day and got some beef in the cupboard now lol
Good luck man hope this helps
Reason is an underestimated DAW =]

mang whenever i have that issue i just watch a tutorial video on youtube and then try to incorporate what i'm watching into what i'm making... and if not, then just start another project but try and make it a bit different to what you're normally doing. Also at least once a week make sure you listen to all the loops you made but never finished - it could be that motivation strikes you to finish one of them.

This said, i use reason4 and have the exact same problem. I have about 60 projects started, and 4 complete tracks.

This said, i use reason4 and have the exact same problem. I have about 60 projects started, and 4 complete tracks.

I know that story!! LOL

Thanks everyone for your advice.....I'm constantly watching youtube tutorials....we need more DnB vids though IMHO....

Anyone else?

when i make tracks, hip hop, dnb, or whatever i feel like making i listen to brian eno look him up if u dont know.. sick song by him is called "down by the river"

you could try working on 16 or 32 bar loops for gathering ideas/vibes.
When I do it- I aim to get a feel of the track with everything kicking off as an example of the tune going at full tilt- bass, drums, breaks, hats, synths the works, then to make it into a full tune I just disassemble the parts into and intro, outro, drop etc at either end of the loop.
that kinda makes the beginnings of an arrangement..
Seems to be working for me so far :)

hope that made sense.

Last edited:
you could try working on 16 or 32 bar loops for gathering ideas/vibes.
When I do it- I aim to get a feel of the track with everything kicking off as an example of the tune going at full tilt- bass, drums, breaks, hats, synths the works, then to make it into a full tune I just disassemble the parts into and intro, outro, drop etc at either end of the loop.
that kinda makes the beginnings of an arrangement..
Seems to be working for me so far :)

hope that made sense.

Dont worry, makes perfect sense. Thanks so much for the insight.

produce a track whilst you are half pissed. come back to it sober (y) i figure usually its gonna be tipsy people listening anyway right? hehe i dunno, worth a try though :)

Back
Top Bottom