Inspiration on the toilet

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
I just thought i'd share with you guys whenever I'm producing, and get up and go to the toilet, I have these flashes of inspiration as to what to do to my track.

msmith222

redbeard
VIP Junglist
while i agree that most production apps aren't worth sh*t, i've used nanostudio for iphone as an idea sketchpad for awhile. i've never even come close to finishing a track on my phone, nanostudio is by far the most in-depth offering so far. (after rereading this post i want to add that i definitely don't work for them!)

BLoodstaiN`

i come up come up with basslines @ school, and then i start drawing sequencers on my books ;p. Ye should see my books o:

Last edited:

VoPD

I have a korg synth for my nintendo ds so when Im on a plane or train and something pops up into my head I just write it down there. It also has a small kaoss with gate/pitch, volume/pan and filter.

groelle

VIP Junglist
I have a korg synth for my nintendo ds so when Im on a plane or train and something pops up into my head I just write it down there. It also has a small kaoss with gate/pitch, volume/pan and filter.
ahaha thats sick :D would love to hear that synth!

VoPD

Here you go mate.
Its like this but I obviously dont have 4 nintendos ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

luciduk

VIP Junglist
I have a collostomy bag, and where am i supposed to find inspiration??

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

hehe splashes of inspiration

Dj Methodist

soundcloud.com/methodist
I use the bog for coming on here, networking etc. I rarely use my studio comp to read this or go on aim.
Two birds one stone!!
And I make phone calls, much to my friends disgust

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
Barring unfortunate accidents the toilet is where I create most of my shit to be fair. On Friday night I had to much to drink and smoke and created some double barreled sick shit. Oh the joy of the bathroom.

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Yeahh same here, next to a producer I'm also a beatboxer so I find myself often in places far away from the computer getting inspiration while beatboxing.
At that point I take out my phone to record it so I don't forget.