Inspheres - Beyond/ Electric eel

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Inspheres, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Inspheres

Inspheres New Member

Inspheres - Beyond addiction/ Electric eel

Hello there!

Please let me know what do you think. Suggestions and criticisms would be nice. Thanks!

best regards

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

Some really nice sounds in that first one, love those synth/string notes. The mix is a bit quiet though, especially the drums...theyre programmed very nicely, but with a bit of equing and compression they could be much crisper.

3. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Nice atmosphere in the first track, not quite feeling the snare sound though. Quite eventful for a "quiet" tune, which I like, but the drums feel a bit repetitive in light of all the little instances and edits in other parts of the tune. Generally got a nice flow going, but I did skip quite a bit before the breakdown and second drop. The synth that comes in after the second drop could need some touching up IMO.

Nice drum groove on the second tune, but overall it sounds a bit anonymous. I agree the drums are a bit quiet in both tunes.

I suggest listening through other people's tunes, commenting and criticizing if you want more feedback on your tunes though.

4. Inspheres

Inspheres New Member

@hughhardiemusic: Yes, the mix is very quite and the sound is not the best.. I´m learning currently about mixing and mastering, so i hope it gets better. Thank you for your criticism!

@ApeCat: Please explain me, what do you mean with "it sounds a bit anonymous"? It has a better quality now, because i´ve updated the track ...please listen to it again :) I will turn on the drums in both tunes. Thank you for your criticism!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. Inspheres

Inspheres New Member

Think it´s a good idea to criticize other peoples tunes. Maybe me english will be better than :)

6. KolendoMusic

KolendoMusic Dalek King

Sounds fine to me, I think you just need to master the track properly.
    Pick up a copy of iZotope's Ozone mastering suite. It's a vst plugin, works wonders.

7. Inspheres

Inspheres New Member

Thank You! that was the next impuls! Really nice signature tune, by the way!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013