(Insert name here) appreciation thread

Charlie Van Pelt

Charles N. Charge
All right, we've had a thread dedicated to Linkin Park and one other artist (I forget the name), so here's a chance to weigh in with your own unsung musical hero, d 'n b or otherwise.

I'm gonna go with Amon Tobin, and those who know me well shouldn't be surprised at my choice. He's made consistently top-notch albums ever since joining Ninja Tune (I've got all three LPs), and his "Verbal Remixes & Collaborations" EP sounds like it's also worthy of a purchase.

On another note, I don't dig r 'n b in general, but lately, I've been getting hooked on Musiq's "Juslisen."

Chuck :who_wants

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
You know who I'm on about:

Calibre!!!

Non-dnb - Mahavishnu Orchestra ( I think Klute - "Take a Breath" has a Mahavishnu sample in it :D ), Medeski/Martin/Wood, Lonnie Liston-Smith, Charlie Hunter, the JB's, Portishead, Peanut Butter Wolf, Wagner, Slayer, Spooky Johnson...

mesh

VIP Junglist
are we aiming for 'startling - my - god how - can- you- listen to- that- crap' artists, or regular non dNb listening?

I can safely say I enjoy Living Color, who kill most rock acts around nowadays.

:whipem: :lighter: :miss_rep:

CoB

Pure Sanelessness
VIP Junglist
Eek-a-mouse!!!!!!!!!!!
i been checking lots fo his stuff recently, actually i kinda go on and off his stuff repeatedly in a few month periods hehehe, anyway, now is one of the times i am listenin to it lots :)
very unique he is :)

zeeky deek

Moaning all the time.
VIP Junglist
i go on about this guy like a broken record, but everyone should check out Jehst, the man is a don behind the mic, and his production is quality! i know indi is a fan, dont know about anyone else. anyone who appreciates good hiphop (i notice the old wu tang appreciation) go check him out.

also, vikter duplaix, koop karl hinds and pretty much anyone on k7 or compost! :rasta:

ZESTOI

time for heroes.
VIP Junglist
Re: (TeCh iTcH, ChRiS Su and BEn SaGe) appreciation thread

:kermit:

Tech Itch for releasing the best tunes ever. Dark Heart. Bo Bo Bo! Chris SU cause I had never heard of DSCI4 before, and now I have I found some pretty kewl tunes I like and Ben Sage cause Sleepless is a tune. kthxbye

:kermit:

evol4276

DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!
VIP Junglist
Dj Shadow.. possibly the best non-dnb artist around.. just listen to Endtroducing... and anything else he's come up with, absolutely stunning! He will always be on top of my list of artists who gave a huge influence on me as well, alongside Mr. Dibbs (Primitive Tracks) and Wagon Christ (Tally Ho!), and for dnb, Concord Dawn and Illskillz.. so yea, just a few of em ;)

Last edited:

Cube

www.exegene.com
VIP Junglist
evol4276 said:
Dj Shadow.. possibly the best non-dnb artist around.. just listen to Endtroducing... and anything else he's come up with, absolutely stunning! He will always be on top of my list of artists who gave a huge influence on me as well, alongside Mr. Dibbs (Primitive Tracks) and Wagon Christ (Tally Ho!) ;)
werd dude,shadow and wagon christ rock :devilslay

now if you do know hip-hop, much appreciation goes to the typical cats :razz:

Ab0|2Ti0N

WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???
VIP Junglist
Portishead (Self Titleld Album and Dummy)
Massive Attack
Sigur Ros
Bugz [Ubiquity Recording Artist] check out Infinite Syndrome, Audio Alchemy albums 1,2)
Octavius (Check out Audio Noir Album on Mush Records)
Coldcut
DJ Krush
DJ Shadow
Unkle
DJ Q-Bert (the man)
Sage Francis (Check out "The Joe Beats Conspiracy - Reverse Discourse" some sick breakstrumentals for ya'll beat headz)
Sasha & John Digweed ( I still got love for prog trance ;))
DJ Tiesto (The Magik Series,Trance Energy)
John Beltran
Clint Mansell
Kronos Quartet
:zest::zest::zest:

Last edited:

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Portishead
Lamb
Sneaker Pimps
Dj Krush (if you can get into it)
Squarepusher
Boards of Canada
Amon Tobin
Mr Lif, El P, Cannibal Ox, etc
Phi Life Cypher

and more to yet be searched

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
Im gonna say Rage Against the Machine, cos I saw them live on MTV the other night and it brought back loads of memories!!! Hadnt heard some of those tunes in years! :slayer: