Insane Reality, Universe Revealed - [DnB]

dwPtrLodus

1st one sounds a little like you speeded up a trance track and added a dancehall sample...elements i like..... But not in the same tune..the synth arpeggio kills your tune. when its rolling without it its good man. and i need harder drums bro... anyway this is a biased view.....mine.............. IGNORE

2nd tune, nice operatic feel. maybe the vocal sample is too extensive and doesnt sit with the tune.. nice build tho (maybe a lil' too long?) Pro production tho..... anyway this is a biased view.....mine.............. IGNORE peez

1st terack is well weird, blatent trancey track with dnb beats with a ragga vocal, cor!!!! wota combo, i werent keen on this one.

2nd track i though was better but not keen eeva, to hektik, too much going on in parts, vox work was bit murky in parts but gd in others tho, kick was tasty but i think u lose the snare once it drops.

Hope this helps a bit.

But i like ur style and think it wud go with mine quite well, hit me up if ur intested ina bit of collabo work bro.

Pan-D

Hello,
Tunk, Pandemik: thank You for feedback I really appreciate all Your notes and Ill try to improve; yes the Insane Reality is a bit strange, just wanted to know, where is the border for extremly strange stuff :)

gibbo1188: thank You, but which one do You like?

I personally don't think Insane Reality is weird for dnb in any way. Its got structure, melody, the right tempo. DnB is like a free radical it can attach to any genre.
So, the songs teckno-isc sound is a matter of taste really.

On a production perspective you should try to layer the drum sounds to fatten them up. Try at least 3 different bass drums put together so you have an "attack" kick, a "boom" kick and a "punch-to-the-mouth" sounding kick all playing together to make one nice-ass bass drum. The snare will sound fatter with just one more layer, maybe a lower pitched snare (maybe even a touch of plate reverb).

And if you filter that synth arpeggio with a LP filter synced to tempo it probably wont sound so repetitive or "in the way".

But seriously, I really like Insane Reality. I would totally throw down and start a breakdance battle to this.

Universe Revealed is like part 2 of Insane Reality. Its dope, I'm feeling it.

I just think the song should start where you have the second breakdown, with the bass synth and also when the guy in the sample chuckles to himself.. you could totally sync his laugh "hmhmhmhmhm" to the bass drum... like 1 2 3 4 5 6. The 6 being the snare hit. That would be interesting... anyway just an idea.

Big props man!

Insane Reality:

Shit, this just keeps getting better! Yeah, the dancehall vocals sound a bit out of place in this trancey/techsteppy tune. Nice melodies!

Universe Revealed:

I _LOVE_ this tune. The filtered drums during the breakdown sound great. I'm a sucker for science fiction / space movie samples. Do you mind if I play this in a mix I'm planning?

vickvega: try to download it again, probably some kind of server problems

JSJ: I'll try Your recommendations for kick & snare, ill try make some better compression too. What speed should be the LP for that arp? I dont think i got the point what exactly do You mean.

About the Universe R., yes I was thinking about the same, start the Universe Revealed on second breakdown, sync laught is good idea.

Ad Pandemik: I checked Your stuff and I know exactly what do You mean by that "hektik", but i personally like this "hektik" :)

MerylStryfe: thanks :), well yes, You can play it in mix, what kind mix will it be?

I have some more DnB / Breakbeat (?) tracks, as I see, Ill put them here too, seems to be the best way how to improve :)

JSJ: I'll try Your recommendations for kick & snare, ill try make some better compression too. What speed should be the LP for that arp? I dont think i got the point what exactly do You mean.

A

What I was saying was.. since the arppegio has more mid-high to high tonal qualities and because its pretty much constantly playing as part of the melody in the track, it can get "in the way" of other elements and even sound annoying to some people. So, if you put in through a LP filter and gradually cut the high end it will make some head room for the other elements in the mid range. And if you sync the cutoff of the filter to the tempo of the track you can really make it interesting. For example: every 1 or 2 bars the filter would be completely closed so between each 1 or 2 bars its either opening up or closing down. You can sync it to open and close as fast as you want.

Back
Top Bottom