input needed

groelle

VIP Junglist
well.. as some of you might know i just started playing around with production software like 2 weeks ago and finally got something im well pleased with as its like the third attempt on a tune or something like this..

.. but as im new and dunno much, i always come to the point where i dont know what to do next pretty fast - thats why i need some input of you lots :D

heres the link of what i created yesterday^^

http://www.zshare.net/audio/522778466409871b/

thanks for listening! ;)

1. The beats are really REALLY thin like they're coming from headphones that are lying on the table 1m away from you.

2. The bass melody is really strange and long, you should maybe go first for a simpler bassline, maybe restrict yourself for 2 bars and start from there. The bass can also contribute to the track rhythmically, when it's simpler.

3. If you want something to do next, find a sample or a gimmick that hooks the listener. Maybe a lush pad or a vocal sample, a sound from a movie etc. Something that will stand your tune out.

Of course it's all good to ask advice but being so new to production you should just suck in all the info you can. You really dont need feedback for the first few months, you just got to experiment with plugins, get to know the quirks of your sequencer and adjusting your head to making tunes.

i agree.

heres what you can do:
1. take a funk break, like do the do, make a sturdy 175 break with it
2. make a 2 bar sub bassline
3. stick a pad or string arrangement on it

if you get that arrangement right, just those 3 youve come a long way

Back
Top Bottom