Innovation in the Sun Cd Packs

inderjitfarm

VIP Junglist
i jus went onto tapepack superstore.com to chek out the line-ups on both the packs and none of them sey shabba is on dem. does anyone kno if he even turned up and if so on which sets plz.

the more i see threads like this the more i think about releasing a record with just mcs shouting on there with no music as there must be a market for it ???

the more i see threads like this the more i think about releasing a record with just mcs shouting on there with no music as there must be a market for it ???

LOL it probably would sell aswell!

Too much love for MCs. People actaully go out out for a night to listen to MC's. Not enough appreciation for the DJs anymore.

i wouldidnt sey ders no appreciation for djs anymore but mcs is what makes the set wiked. without mcs, the set is boring. i fink djs know that aswell

without mcs, the set is boring. i fink djs know that aswell ???? i disagree ... hence just no! each to thier own i guess!

i wouldidnt sey ders no appreciation for djs anymore but mcs is what makes the set wiked. without mcs, the set is boring. i fink djs know that aswell
i agree on this too
dnb is a repetitive music no matter how good the tunes are, i prefer to run sets with mcs as i find they bring more energy to the mix and keep things lively, rather listen to mixes with mcs than without..this is an age old debate with no winners or losers though, just get the usual smarmy chinstroking cunts moaning about it and the jumpup heads on the offensive..

the reason why i also sey that djs know that mcs makes the set better is because every major event djs play at since day one, mcs have always bin on the sets. hearing instrumental drum n bass makes me fall asleep unless its renegade type of beatz.

i agree on this too
dnb is a repetitive music no matter how good the tunes are, i prefer to run sets with mcs as i find they bring more energy to the mix and keep things lively, rather listen to mixes with mcs than without..this is an age old debate with no winners or losers though, just get the usual smarmy chinstroking cunts moaning about it and the jumpup heads on the offensive..

HAHA tooooo true!

U need the best of both & then u get a heavy set. Depends what mood pplz are in. Sometimes there's nuffin better thn a filthy Hazard/Taxman etc set with Eks & Shabba goin mad & getting u goin. Then u mite want a bit of D-Bridge with SP just rolling his flows over more mellow beats. Either way, u still need MC's imo. Peace.

theres no need for any mc's, all they want is rewinds all the time, at least when theres no mc's the set keeps rollin and maybe the odd rewind, theres enough tunes out there which have already got mc's on.

i fink dat ur shud chek sum ova dj's owt

this shit seriously makes me laugh if u think a dj is boring your checking the wrong nights and sets out

im not dissing mc's here at all in any way and yes they do play a good part in the music but seriously i can not for the life of me work out this attitude where kids need 3 mc's on at the same time and refuse to even go to a party let alone dance if there aint mc's on

when i play in europe you very very rarely get mc's on sets and its such a breath of fresh air to see a crowd having it to just the music

remember you are going raving to hear tunes and the mc's should compliment that not the other way around

They are a big part of the game and they do bring life to a set, I love to hear a big MC dropping bars over a big tune, it can be so powerful. But then sometimes all i want is to hear the tune roll out and not be spat over, just let it roll, big tunes don't need an accompaniment. They can do the business all on their own.

But an MC that gets the crowd in the mode, I have a lot of love for. Not someone that just loves the sound of his own voice, and is selfish but an MC that knows the tunes, knows when to spit, call for a rewind, massive, and massive respect.

Not at all- Saw Friction a couple months back doing a 3 deck set with no MC- made for a nice change.

Granted, the sets would be lacking something, but to say they'd be boring is plain stupid.

fuck sake dont u realise some people love MCs some people hate them so whats the point in arguin about whats good and what isnt. just because u think a set with no MCs is great doesnt mean its the best type of drum n bass and everyone shud agree with u otherwise its "just no". personaly i cant listen to a set with no MCs on and a rave with one of my favourite MCs on would attract me more than a rave with no good MCs but a couple of good DJs. this doesnt mean that i like drum n bass any more or less than someone who thinks MCs are shit, just means we have diferent tastes in the same genre. this kinda debate fucks me off. staying on topic with the thread, shabba was there tearing it at innovation on at least 2 of the nigts i can remember. any1 know the best place to buy all the CD packs online?? cheers

id say the opposite to this, MCs ruin sets by talkin shit (and shouting) over the mixes and half the time you cant even understand them, theres only 1 or maby 2 mcs that i can bear to listen to. Most tunes have good vocals in anyway and if theres an MC most of the tim ehe just talks over it

Last edited:
i agree on this too

I agree wiv this but only if the MC's are a decent standard, a choice between a set wiv no mc's or a set wiv a shit mc, I'd rather have no mc's all day long, and imo there aren't really too many good MC's out there at the moment

Pisses me off a bit tho wen I go to a rave an my mates r like 'Wens Eksman on?' an I'll say 'He's wiv a shit DJ anyway' an ther like 'Fuck the DJ'

Back
Top Bottom