Influenced by drum & bass

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
As a sister thread to my influences on dnb anyone want to give their thoughts on what genres dnb has influenced?

2step, garage and grime are descendants of dnb but what other genres have been influenced?

I'm talking about things like Missy Elliot dnb, Breakbeat Kaos, Aphex Twin etc etc.

I reckon that metal is an obvious one, people like Slipknot, Incubus, Mad Capsule Market, etc have all been heavily influenced by dnb.

Dustek on a mission to bring thoughtful threads.

can I be obvious and say that so many Tv ads, specially mens cosmetics, cars, station promos and sports shows have had jungley stuff in them since timeless came out. this seems to be worldwide

Loads of stuff. Everyone was name-checking D&B as an influence for a while.

And then even more people will have been influenced by music that was influenced by D&B.

It's become another part of the musical melting pot.

Dustek on a mission to bring thoughtful threads.

can I be obvious and say that so many Tv ads, specially mens cosmetics, cars, station promos and sports shows have had jungley stuff in them since timeless came out. this seems to be worldwide

I have really noticed this in recent months, DnB is starting to pop up everywhere. you'll hear it all the time on Top Gear, but it still seems to be ignored by the masses. (which imo can only be a good thing, if it gets too mainstream it'll become poppy cheesy bollocks)

Curious.....

my nan.. proper rude gal.. all she will ever eat is disco biscuits.

bless her!!,xx

i guess dnb has influenced her diet.:)

Last edited:
Dnb doesn't really influence much music outside of it. Garage is more influenced by US Garage and House. It has the MC culture as well but old skool hardcore had the MC thing as well as did dub which has an influence in most UK music coming out of London.

Drum and bass draws more influences from outside I'd say since it became drum and bass and not jungle any more.

Back
Top Bottom